• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cut-off for booking National Express tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm333

I won’t know until about 2pm on the day whether I’ll need to be on a National Express coach at 5pm. It’s a short journey towards the end of a route so there are always plenty of seats.

Is that too little notice to buy a ticket online? Or should I just turn up at the boarding point with cash (while keeping an eye on the tracker website in case it’s early)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I won’t know until about 2pm on the day whether I’ll need to be on a National Express coach at 5pm. It’s a short journey towards the end of a route so there are always plenty of seats.

Is that too little notice to buy a ticket online? Or should I just turn up at the boarding point with cash (while keeping an eye on the tracker website in case it’s early)?
I have been able to buy a ticket at London Victoria literally 2 minutes before boarding the coach (departed 15 minutes later) - so physically in person you can buy it right up to point of departure provided there are seats. Online I imagine cut off is quite late too, once again provided there are seats.

darloscott

I have been able to buy a ticket at London Victoria literally 2 minutes before boarding the coach (departed 15 minutes later) - so physically in person you can buy it right up to point of departure provided there are seats. Online I imagine cut off is quite late too, once again provided there are seats.
Just a word of warning the coach may not stop if there are no pre-booked passengers, so this can depend where you are boarding!

Status
Not open for further replies.