• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Czech Railways Ticket Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooo

On a recent trip to the Czech Republic I didn't see any ticket machines. Do Ceske Drahy have them or do they exclusively use ticket offices and on train sales?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6700

The only ticket machines I've seen are on a handful of trains - and are very basic and only in Czech (I think).

The main ticket office at Prague Main Station (Praha hl.n.) has an "International and Other Tickets" section, with a number of counters. All the staff on those desks speak English.

Ceske Drahy do have a mobile app called "Muj vlak", which does English and is easy to use. You can use it to buy tickets online. It produces one of those square barcodes, which train guards can scan with their ticket machines to check validity. According to a guard on a recent journey, it can use NFC functionality, should your phone have it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.cd.mujvlak.an&hl=en_GB

Veteran Member
Never seen a rail ticket machine in CZ or SK - policy seems strongly in favour of employing humans, though increasing numbers of stations are shown in the timetable as unstaffed.
Paper and pen (or electronic equivalent) works well, I find, if there is no international counter.

OT: I was particularly impressed by the conductor on a cross country train who used their smartphone to translate the message that I was about to have to use a RRB.

jimbo99

The also have a ticket booth at the airport where you can buy tickets which include the airport express. Easier than paying the driver and then having to buy a ticket at Prague station.

Status
Not open for further replies.