• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DalesRail

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddington

I plan to take the Sunday service from Blackpool North to Carlisle via Clitheroe-Hellifield and return.

BRFares shows a railcard DalesRail return fare of £13.20. Is there any way to buy this online?

If not, is the ticket office at Blackpool likely to be busy before 0840 on Sundays? As in should I attempt to buy the ticket the day before to reduce hassle? Any issues with staff knowledge regarding these fares?

I would probably stay in a hotel around the Pleasure Beach, and therefore will need to take a tram to the station. Looking on the website, there are mobile app fares but these differ from the cash fares. Two singles are cheaper than an app day ticket. Is it possible to pay by card, or if it is cash only, will they be awkward about accepting a tenner?

Does "DalesRail" refer to this specific route or is it a generic term?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
DalesRail refers only to that pair of trains (used to be 2 pairs) - it's a pseudo-charter arranged by Lancashire County Council and a few other organisations in partnership, a bit like the Okehampton Sunday trains.

It doesn't look like the online sites can see that fare (£20 without Railcard) so I would advise buying from the ticket office, the day before if possible. I can only get the £30+ via Clitheroe CDR.

dave87016

Established Member
Why don’t you get a plus bus ticket for Blackpool that gets you on both bus and tram from pleasure beach to north pier £2.40 if you already hold a railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.