• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Danish Railway Ticketing Questions

Esker-pades

Established Member
I am planning a few days in Denmark. One of the days, I'd like to bash around a decent chunk of the country. Is there a Denmark Day Ticket type thing?

Second.....how are ferry/bus tickets done; are they integrated with rail ones? (I'm specifically interested in the Hundestad > Rørvig ferry and the bus from Rørvig to Nykøbing Sj.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
As far as your second question is concerned, have a look at .dinoffentligetransport.dk (there is an English option) which covers all of the country east of the Great Belt. Hundested-Rørvig doesn’t say anything about being part of the DOT system; it is DKK 66 single.

I am not so up to date as I was, but I don’t think that there are any national rovers except (possibly) very pricey ones aimed at the well-off tourist market. I always used to buy by the journey.

Gaelan

There's the Interrail Denmark pass, €119/€137/€123 (under 27/28-59/60+) for 3 days in one month with no reservations required. Gives 30% off Stena Line ferries, but beyond that it only covers trains.

dutchflyer

Established Member
But in the summer hols-usually starting from midsummernight, for some 6-7 weeks, last yrs there was a much cheaper 8-day ALL transit (except the long ferries) pass, had to be bought online and there was only a limited nr for sale. I had one last year and it worked perfect. No details however yet known for upcoming summer.
What Gaelan mentions can be bought in a minute online, so its safe to wait for any further details on this special summerpass. It is-as any InterRail NOT valid on ALL trains-the old former ´private/regional´ railways are out of this scheme-and have always been.
In general all provinces form a kind of german-style Ǘerkehrsverbund´ with integrated bus/train fares for that province and a short distance over border. Longer distance ferries usually remain their own fares.

peterblue

I am planning a few days in Denmark. One of the days, I'd like to bash around a decent chunk of the country. Is there a Denmark Day Ticket type thing?

Second.....how are ferry/bus tickets done; are they integrated with rail ones? (I'm specifically interested in the Hundestad > Rørvig ferry and the bus from Rørvig to Nykøbing Sj.)
There doesn't appear to be a national Rover currently, outside of Interrail which is probably a bit pricy for what you're after.

Have a look on the DSB (Danish Railway) website for fares for the dates you want to travel. DSB also offer an off-peak discount scheme called 'Orange'. If you book far enough ahead - even just a few days - you can find long distance tickets such as Copenhagen to Aarhus from around 120 dkk = £13

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
It is-as any InterRail NOT valid on ALL trains-the old former ´private/regional´ railways are out of this scheme-and have always been.
It's perfectly valid on Arriva, Nordjydske Jernbaner, and Lokaltog as well as DSB (including the S-Tog trains around Copenhagen)

It's not valid on Midtjyske Jernbaner - there might be other minor lines but you can easily traverse most of the country with an Interrail pass.

Gloster

Established Member
It's perfectly valid on Arriva, Nordjydske Jernbaner, and Lokaltog as well as DSB (including the S-Tog trains around Copenhagen)

It's not valid on Midtjyske Jernbaner - there might be other minor lines but you can easily traverse most of the country with an Interrail pass.

That is effectively all the companies. There is also the Copenhagen Metro, but I am fairly sure that it is not valid on that, and Aarhus trams, about which I am not sure, but doubt it is valid on.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
That is effectively all the companies. There is also the Copenhagen Metro, but I am fairly sure that it is not valid on that, and Aarhus trams, about which I am not sure, but doubt it is valid on.
Definitely not valid on Aarhus trams. Though you can get some fairly reasonable value regional tickets to cover both those and the Midtjyske Jernbaner.

zero

Would the anonymous rejsekort be a good option? I was going to look into it before, but due to COVID I haven't managed to get to Denmark since 2017

Mgameing123

Ferries usually are never intergrated with other forms of Public transport. You will need to buy them seperately.