• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Darlington - Eaglescliffe Freight

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil beard

Does anyone have any knowledge of freight on this route on a Saturday afternoon? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Only a small container working from Tyne Yard to Tees Dock but thats around 7:30am or so through Darlington then via Dinsdale. Not aware of anything else.

phil beard

Oh, well. I thought as much but thought I would ask as I shall be there next month. Thanks.

Freightmaster

Established Member
Does anyone have any knowledge of freight on this route on a Saturday afternoon? Thanks.
Just one: 6E62 Carlisle to Tees Dock intermodal,
booked to pass Eaglescliffe around 13:55.

Only a small container working from Tyne Yard to Tees Dock but thats around 7:30am or so through Darlington then via Dinsdale. Not aware of anything else.
That one hasn't run for a couple of years now, I'm afraid...

MARK

DarloRich

Veteran Member
from what i can recall it has become a bit of a desert for frieght along that section of line even during the week. I am sure it used to be quite busy during the week.

The only highlight nowadays is a trip past the Stadio della Darlo!

Legzr1

from what i can recall it has become a bit of a desert for frieght along that section of line even during the week. I am sure it used to be quite busy during the week.

You're right - up until about 3 years ago there were lots of 'Enterprise' trains over the route and the Al ingots from Alcan (it was booked via Durham Coast but it was quicker to go via Dinsdale once the Metro started up - you needed a friendly signaller and controller on the same shift so it didn't always go to plan ;))

When the Picton Branch is off the Dinsdale is used - trains run round at Darlo.

Hartlepool - Leith pipe empties are booked that way (Darlo - E/cliffe) - the return journey north uses the Norton curve back onto the Stillington Branch but that can change if NR 'forget' to open Norton East box :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.