• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Darlington to London KX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
Hi guys, I am pretty useless at tickets and have three different scenarios to work on. In June, I am going to Paris via Eurostar but as yet, am not exactly sure which of the following three dates I am going on. They are either 10/17/24 June, with a return 2 days later which will be 12/19/22 June. I am looking for outward travel at around 9am and the return journey to be around 15:00.

I just got the email today from NXEC to say fares are now available until the 21st and had a look but I could only find 2 services with fares for £12.00. Is there any other way around this? Once again, sorry for the vagueness in dates, I should know by tomorrow exactly which one but I need to get the ball rolling.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
I don't need to worry about the continental portion, it's just the Darlington - London KX part and return.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
According to Avantix there are AP CIV fares to LONDON INTL(CIV). Try phoning up to see if you can get one.

Railjet

According to Avantix there are AP CIV fares to LONDON INTL(CIV). Try phoning up to see if you can get one.

You can check and book these fares online (try Virgin). Cheapest single is £13.50, but these are usually available outside of peak times.

On 17 June, for example, the £13.50 fare is available on the 06:30 from Darlington. Back, though, the fare is £30 around the time you require, so you might try to mix and match with an NXEC single fare.

EDIT: £13.50 fare is available on the 14:14 ex-King's Cross on the 19th.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
NXEC are likely to try to extract loads of money from you if the Eurostar is late if you don't have a CIV ticket....

Darandio

Established Member
I shall look into the suggestions guys, thanks. As long as the Eurostar isn't around 3 hours late I am not bothered, I fancy some time at Kings Cross whether the other half likes it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.