• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dawlish Air Day – Saturday 24th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that FGW have already announced they will be providing additional trains as well as adding additional stops from other services. Question is? Will the ‘additional’ services be comprised of a couple T&T ‘sheds’ and MK2’s or can we expect something a little different this year? (Probably not!)

Thanks,

P.S Was going to provide the link to FGW note regarding the air day but I cannot find it anywhere!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
I see that FGW have already announced they will be providing additional trains as well as adding additional stops from other services. Question is? Will the ‘additional’ services be comprised of a couple T&T ‘sheds’ and MK2’s or can we expect something a little different this year? (Probably not!)

Thanks,

If anything like last year, two extra shuttles - one was extra service on a unit, the other a HST. No Mark 2s/67s last time around, although this year may be different...

1e10

Thinking of going to see this and booking tickets now to get them cheap.

How much does it cost for entry to this event? Couldn't find prices on their website.

Thanks for that AdamW. I obviously didn't even realise that the sheds weren't running last year...! Hopefully they will this year then, slightly more exciting than a donkey!! :)

1e10 - As for entry price, it's actually a free event. However as a 'Friend of the Dawlish Airshow' I should probably suggest that some sort of donation of any value would be greatly received on the day 
Since it started many years ago the participation has gotten better year-on-year, and the more money raised the better the displays. I know they want to get the Vulcan back this year but it costs around £12k per display, I think they have managed to raise about £9-10k so far…?
A couple years ago the Vulcan flew with the Red Arrows which was an impressive sight over the coast and quite a rare formation alone.

Hope you enjoy it :)

CC 72100

Established Member
Thanks for that AdamW. I obviously didn't even realise that the sheds weren't running last year...! Hopefully they will this year then, slightly more exciting than a donkey!! :)

Hope you enjoy it :)

Well, a HST on a Newton Abbot - Exeter stopper was a bit different. Was a thoroughly enjoyable day last year, bought a programme myself and to be fair quite a few others seemed to. Shame I won't be down to see it this year, but I'm sure a good day will be had by all again. May even not get such a windy and wet day this year ;)

1e10

visibleimagery - Ah, I see they have a donate button online, I'll make a donation using that.

Just booked tickets for the day with XC. Hopefully my reservations will be good on the day :D

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
In the recent past they have hired a couple of SWT 159s to help out from SWT seemingly endless supply of spare units.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Howcome they have so many spare units?

Units were allocated just before the economy tanked, the 159 fleet is pretty intensely worked but there is some slack in the 158 fleet which were intended partly for strengthening and partly for a Exeter-Honiton shuttle that didn't occur as the development that was funding it didn't start construction until last year - it was due to start building in 2008

TEW

Established Member
The two Exeter-Newton Abbot shuttle diagrams this year will both be HSTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.