• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Arriva Qualifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amex88

Hi guys hope you are all well.

Did anyone apply for qualified driver roles with DB Arriva last month?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hello!

Yes I applied for the Chingford role but haven’t heard anything back yet, how about you?

I’m not even sure if my application went through as the job portal says ‘application in process’ does your say this or something else?

Amex88

Hello!

Yes I applied for the Chingford role but haven’t heard anything back yet, how about you?

I’m not even sure if my application went through as the job portal says ‘application in process’ does your say this or something else?
Thanks for your reply! I did for chingford too! I have not heard anything back either and my application states the same. I did email the individual on the email recieved but I have not heard anything back! I mean it does say they will check the safety record.. surely cant take that long!

That’s reassuring to hear about the job application status, doesn’t really make sense but there you go.

I’m not expecting to hear back any time soon! Just got to wait and see I guess

LCC106

Established Member
A combination of slow recruitment in general, the wind down for Christmas and your current company needing to complete and return the Safety of the Line info and I would personally guess you’re looking at next year. May be wrong though.

Amex88

A combination of slow recruitment in general, the wind down for Christmas and your current company needing to complete and return the Safety of the Line info and I would personally guess you’re looking at next year. May be wrong though.
Do not think your wrong at all. I hope you are wrong with respect but makes complete sense what you say.

That’s reassuring to hear about the job application status, doesn’t really make sense but there you go.

I’m not expecting to hear back any time soon! Just got to wait and see I guess
I only applied as it is closer to home than travelling to west/central london! Hope we hear back with good news. However why we would have to sit tests in beyond me!

I can’t imagine they would ask current employers for safety of the line records until candidates have been through their recruitment process (probably rules test and manager interview) and then accepted a job.

Amex88

I can’t imagine they would ask current employers for safety of the line records until candidates have been through their recruitment process (probably rules test and manager interview) and then accepted a job.
It did on the email state they would check safety records after applying so maybe they will check.

Amex88

Average_Driver, I just got an email saying they had to close the role due to internal movements. What a shame really! Seems quite unfair that they would do that but hey ho. Things happen. Not the best outcome but hopefully there will be other opportunities.

Yup, received that email today. Gutted but not completely surprised as all the contacts I have from London Overground say they never recruit for Chingford externally.
All the best mate

Amex88

Suprising that they advertised it then. Really gutted too. Would rather c2c but they are always so quiet! Never recruit

holymoly

Same here. Quite frustrating but not surprising. I suppose the thing to do is apply for a qualified position at another LO depot when one comes up and then put yourself on the transfer list.

20atthemagnet

Initially, the plan was to take on 4 qualifieds from this advert. However, there is a disagreement with the roster ongoing and it looks like instead of 4 extra lines itll be just the 1. Until it’s agreed what the roster will look like there will be no movement Im afraid. Also other internal depots have had fresh intrest for transfers in so it seems they are waiting to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.