• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Bahncard for €25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
For anyone making a trip to/in Germany within the next 12 months, it may be worth buying a reduced fare Bahncard (railcard) at €25. Good for 12 months from the start date, which can be altered to several weeks ahead from the purchase date.

€25 in Standard Class or €50 in First Class. Details here:

https://www.bahn.de/p/view/bahncard/ueberblick/bahncard25.shtml

Until 31st October.

Deutsche Bahn said:
Wir feiern 25 Jahre BahnCard vom 01. bis 31. Oktober 2017

Profitieren Sie jetzt von den Vorteilen der Jubiläums-BahnCard 25 mit den gleichen Vorteilen wie die BahnCard 25: Erhalten Sie 1 Jahr lang 25 % Rabatt auf alle Flex- und Sparpreise innerhalb Deutschlands. Nur für kurze Zeit zum Jubiläumspreis von 25 Euro (2.Klasse) bzw. 50 Euro(1.Klasse).

We're celebrating 25 years of the Bahncard. We're offering the "Anniversary Railcard" at a discount; available 01/10 until 31/10.

Take advantage of all the benefits of a Bahncard 25 - fare discounts of 25% on all Advance and walk-up tickets within Germany. Limited time only - at €25 (STD) or €50 (1ST).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
How do you get over the DB restriction that Bahncards are only available on subscription by direct debit, for which you need a German address/bank account?
Or is this offer different?

bspahh

Established Member
How do you get over the DB restriction that Bahncards are only available on subscription by direct debit, for which you need a German address/bank account?

I had a Bahncard for a couple of years. They would send me an invoice at the end of the year which I could pay with a UK card. I read about people who didn't send cancel before the end of the year, and ended up being chased by a debt collection agency. This year I don't think I got a letter, and it looks like my card lapsed on its own. The bailiffs haven't arrived yet.

If you do much travelling in Germany, its worth getting one. With a Bahncard, when you buy a long distance ticket, you often then get a day's free public transport at either end.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I successfully used my credit card and British address just now, and have done a couple times in the past.

Then, as soon as the order is complete, you could send an email immediately informing them not to renew it in 2018.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I successfully used my credit card and British address just now, and have done a couple times in the past.
Then, as soon as the order is complete, you could send an email immediately informing them not to renew it in 2018.

Must have changed in the last couple of years then.
I will try again for my next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.