• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Db cargo. Mobile op / ground staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleggy1

Hi, i have an interview for a ground staff job, can anyone give me some info about it please, i understand its shunting, brake checking and such but how are thos checks carried out and if anyone else has had an interview what kind of questions did you get, i cant find much about the job online

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dan_Gleeballs

Hi mate , I was recently successful at interview with DB for mobiles operative. It was really relaxed, asked the usual questions about you and what drives you etc. Not really any technical questions, do your homework on DB. A lot of questions was , tell us a time when this happened etc , came out feeling really positive. Ask them questions too, pension, uniform, progression etc as they like that too.
All the very best mate

DRS66421

Hi, i have an interview for a ground staff job, can anyone give me some info about it please, i understand its shunting, brake checking and such but how are thos checks carried out and if anyone else has had an interview what kind of questions did you get, i cant find much about the job online

Thanks in advance
That’s great you’ve got an interview coming up. Can I ask was there any assessments before the interview stage? If so what would be your best advice for passing these and could you recommend any practice material? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dan_Gleeballs

That’s great you’ve got an interview coming up. Can I ask was there any assessments before the interview stage? If so what would be your best advice for passing these and could you recommend any practice material? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi , I went to Doncaster to undertake 3 tests , I would assume it’s the same still as I took these late last year.
1 x mechanical knowledge
1 x maths
1 x comprehension
I found the mechanical knowledge one the most difficult, was a lot about forces, weights etc , if you have a mechanical background, this will probably be easier. Maths was straightforward, and the comprehension test was also very straightforward, you have to pass all three to progress. good luck

Atishyou

Ground staff job is very location dependent.

Some areas, they mainly shunt and prepare trains, so they control the movement of wagons from one 'road' (piece of track), to another 'road' to get the trains in the correct order.

They'll also check the wagons are safe to be moved, attach and detach locomotives to the wagons and conduct brake tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.