• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo pay/conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Hi all,

I have done a search but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I have applied to DB as a qualified driver, can anyone tell me what the up to date pay, conditions, pension, rostering etc is like for drivers at DB. Also what sort of training do TOC drivers go through with DB? how much handling etc, do they provide training on things like engineering work that we would never have done as a TOC driver?

And does anyone have any more specific information on the South Wales hub, routes/traction etc.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Train_manager

Hi all,

I have applied to DB as a qualified driver, can anyone tell me what the up to date pay, conditions, pension, rostering etc is like for drivers at DB. Also what sort of training do TOC drivers go through with DB? how much handling etc, do they provide training on things like engineering work that we would never have done as a TOC driver?

And does anyone have any more specific information on the South Wales hub, routes/traction etc.

Thanks
No RPS and no free travel.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Excellent. Good luck with your choice.. I hope your not fussed about Aircon:D

And FYI freightlner are still in the RPS.
I also applied to FL, got a response saying the advert had been pulled as HW had implemented a hiring freeze

66701GBRF

I also applied to FL, got a response saying the advert had been pulled as HW had implemented a hiring freeze
If the rumours are true FL intermodal are in a bit of trouble at the moment so probably best you didn’t get an interview just yet.

bengley

Established Member
Good old rail rumours. They just got a 7% ish payrise.

I would be more worried about DB and there massive pension debt.
It's not a rumour. Intermodal are in the process of reducing work and are expecting to have a substantial surplus of drivers. They are working with ASLEF and FLHH to try and find a way forwards for the surplus drivers.

Starmill

Veteran Member
I thought that their section was closed to any new starters? So wouldn't be an issue for someone starting now. Do check what employer's pension contributions they're offering, of course.

anglian96

I thought that their section was closed to any new starters? So wouldn't be an issue for someone starting now. Do check what employer's pension contributions they're offering, of course.
This is correct. Any new starter is on a complete different scheme and not the RPS final salary

Good old rail rumours. They just got a 7% ish payrise.

FL Intermodal have cut daily trains from 30 odd to 25 and have around 40 surplus drivers at the moment.

MR Grunter

Wasn't IM and HH supposed to merge.
That is the "master plan" to be come frightliner UK and have both divisions merged to work all trains. There is much objection to this on the side of I.M. however due to our T's & C's. In my opinion this appears to be a very good opportunity for freightliner to play their hand and make this move without in effect buying drivers out of their current contracts. Give them the choice, either walk or merge. Any objection to this could be met with the defence of business reduction and trying to save drivers from redundancy. Just my view on it. Not saying that is the actual case but i wouldn't be surprised if they played the cards that way.

FrankOwen

I'm pretty sure drivers who are already in the RPS upon joining FL can stay in the scheme.
Otherwise it's a 3 year wait.

Established Member
I'm pretty sure drivers who are already in the RPS upon joining FL can stay in the scheme.
Otherwise it's a 3 year wait.
I had an interview with them last year and was told in the interview that as I'm already in the scheme I would continue in the scheme, but someone not in the scheme, say, with GBRf, would not be able to join RPS

Jack67

Hi all,

Thanks
Hi all. Does anyone have information on shift patterns at Tilbury for DB. Nights/Days. Leave. Etc. any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

anglian96

Hi all. Does anyone have information on shift patterns at Tilbury for DB. Nights/Days. Leave. Etc. any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
No such thing as DB at Tilbury. Closest depot to Tilbury that DB run from is barking

guard1

Anyone have information on merseyside/Greater Manchester regions for db? E.g. regular trips and relieving points?

Status
Not open for further replies.