• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

Loco94

I did originally apply for South Yorkshire and east mids when both vacancies got released but only called up for the east mids but yeah as I say they’ve put me in for both

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BB1991

Anyone heard any news yet I was told 8th November is my start date so that’s a week from Monday to hand in my 4 weeks notice. So I’m slightly starting to panic a little bit

Eddie77

I’m currently in a talent pool for both East Midlands & South Yorkshire after successful assessment day and DMI recently, no more training dates this year apparently but fingers crossed it won’t be ages
Congratulations mate

I’ve been waiting for 2 years now , hopefully won’t be the case for you

NorthernTech

Anyone got a number or email for me to contact careers as im on DB's books already
If you are on their books already (not quite sure what you mean by that) surely you will have had previous communication with them, no? Id have a look through my emails and reply to last person who contacted you.

UnknownG

I should of explained. As the job fell through i was told im DB books for 5 years so any role was to come up im to contact them and ill not have to do all the test again. Well thats the impression i got. I did email christy duffy but got no response hence why i asked if anyone got anyone else i can speak to

New Junior/Trainee Train Driver roles showed up for DB Cargo UK for below locations:

Peak Forest, Derbyshire *new 06/10/2021*

Newport, Newport *new 29/09/2021*

Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot *new 29/09/2021*

Dollands Moor, South Kent: (30/07/2021) & (13/08/2021)

Barking, Essex: (30/07/2021)

Acton, West London: (22/07/2021)

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire: (11/05/2021)

Warrington, Cheshire: (11/05/2021)

Carlisle, Cumbria: (11/05/2021)

Rotherham, South Yorkshire: (11/05/2021)

Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire: (11/05/2021) & (09/08/2021)

Good luck to everyone applying! :)
I’ve previously passed all the assessments at an enhanced level. Am I correct in thinking that DB Cargo would want me to resit all the assessments given that didn’t pass them within the last 6 months?

NorthernTech

Those new positions didn’t stay up long! Anyone been for testing recently? A few said they had been given dates but haven’t said how they got on?!

Naffy93

I applied for Newport, haven’t heard anything back yet, I don’t expert anything for a while tho. Anyone else applied for Newport?

BB1991

I finally got my contract and sent it back in for the barking depot I’m starting in November.

Eddie77

Seems to be a common thread about lack of contact I’ve emailed before just looking for some updates and never been answered . Not ideal it kind of puts your life on hold a bit. I knocked back a move in my job last year as it meant re-skilling and training and I thought it’s a lot of hassle and I’m probably leaving soon. Wasn’t the case

TheAnswer89

Many people here advised not to put your life on hold, because the call may never come and you will end up with nothing.

Eddie77

Is anybody in the Mossend pool or based at Mossend ?

Many people here advised not to put your life on hold, because the call may never come and you will end up with nothing.
Wasn’t told anything like that tbh , was told a job could come up at anytime and to keep them informed if I changed my mind and or took another job. I’ve no complaints or anything I was under no illusions that I was in a pool awaiting a position to become available, I just thought there might have been a little more contact especially post COVID given the impact it’s had on the country in general.

Last edited:

BB1991

well done! when did you do your medical? I did mine nearly 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.
I had my medical back in July

It’s definitely been a long process and Covid didn’t help I think I applied in 2019 and my interview was January 2020. But hopefully all worth it now I’ve handed in my notice so no turning back now

Eddie77

I had my medical back in July

It’s definitely been a long process and Covid didn’t help I think I applied in 2019 and my interview was January 2020. But hopefully all worth it now I’ve handed in my notice so no turning back now
Nice one mate well done. Done all my stuff in 2019 as well and I’m still waiting, fingers crossed it won’t be too long

mr double 77

Just FYI anyone who is starting at peak forest with DB Cargo, I used to work there was there for 4 years between 2014-2018 if you need any advise I’m more than happy to help, I went through the full training with them, I’m currently employed by another TOC now, a great depot to work out of will advise the weather up there is like the Bermuda Triangle at times lol

NICBIN

I have received a call today to say I have been successful and now have to wait for my medical! I am based in essex