• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB-Cargo-UK-Apprentice-Junior-Trainee-Driver-Peak-Talent-Forest-Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Has anyone had an email? I’ve just had a rejection email stating it was a pleasure speaking to me to learn more about my experience. The only thing is I haven’t actually had any contact from DB and I’ve not spoken to anyone.

YingYing

Has anyone had an email? I’ve just had a rejection email stating it was a pleasure speaking to me to learn more about my experience. The only thing is I haven’t actually had any contact from DB and I’ve not spoken to anyone.
A friend of mine who also applied got a rejection email the day after applying, but I think it was because he lived more than an hour away.

YingYing

Has anyone had an update for this? It appears (on another thread) that things are moving forward with the London role that was posted at the same time as this one.

iwasyoungonce

I think a lot of freight driver demand obviously depends on the contracts won or lost at the various depots as they flip between Freightliner, GBRF and DB

YingYing

I think a lot of freight driver demand obviously depends on the contracts won or lost at the various depots as they flip between Freightliner, GBRF and DB
It certainly does, I do wonder if this is for a pre-existing role or for a new contract. Having looked on other threads the junior driver role seems to be a yard shunter type job. I think aggregates should be fairly consistent in their demand even through covid times. Time will tell I'm sure.

Tug 62

It certainly does, I do wonder if this is for a pre-existing role or for a new contract. Having looked on other threads the junior driver role seems to be a yard shunter type job. I think aggregates should be fairly consistent in their demand even through covid times. Time will tell I'm sure.
Business is booming at Peak Forest, new contracts out of Tunstead and increases in services. There are currently 3 people at the training school (one is a PF shunter) and an ex Toton yard driver who is currently undergoing train handling to become a mainline driver. I also know of someone else who has been offered a job but has no start date. There are also 3 maybe 4 drivers who are looking to retire in the next 18 months so hang on in there :D

YingYing

Business is booming at Peak Forest, new contracts out of Tunstead and increases in services. There are currently 3 people at the training school (one is a PF shunter) and an ex Toton yard driver who is currently undergoing train handling to become a mainline driver. I also know of someone else who has been offered a job but has no start date. There are also 3 maybe 4 drivers who are looking to retire in the next 18 months so hang on in there :D
Thank you for the info. It's much appreciated! I thought it might be the case that it would be quite busy, but it's good to hear things are on the up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.