• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Schenker - Trainee Driver and Trainee Driver Operator ( Various Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aced1

Yeah you were bang on, I'm currently in the car park waiting for the criteria based interview after passing this morning's part. Unfortunately 1 lad (out of 6 of us) has failed at one stage this morning (the reaction test I would guess). Best of luck to each and everyone of yous still in with a shout.

Hope the second part went well for ya mate, 2 also failed on the day i atteneded.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
which depot have you applied for guys. I have my stage 2 tests on Tuesday, however its looking unlikely that ill be able to attend.... gutted.

How come you will not be able to attend? Yes gutted i can imagine as ya could miss out on a lot :-/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

oi oi

my mother in law is coming to the end of her fight against cancer, she has days rather than weeks left. I'm going to have be around for my family. TBH I don't know if I can remain focused on the tests and cbi. I haven't done as much prep as I would have liked and I basically don't want waste anybody's time.

anchorman

According to the original documentation sent out - next tuesday is the last stage 2 assessment - anyone know any different?

jhen1980

Hope the second part went well for ya mate, 2 also failed on the day i atteneded.

Second part went well, I was nervous as hell but got through and I'm now onto area managers interview. I was 3rd to be interviewed and the 2 lads before me passed too. I'm chuffed to bits as I've heard it's good going to get to this stage.

aced1

Second part went well, I was nervous as hell but got through and I'm now onto area managers interview. I was 3rd to be interviewed and the 2 lads before me passed too. I'm chuffed to bits as I've heard it's good going to get to this stage.

Congratulations :) yes just a waiting game now to hear when the 3rd stage is
Anyone doing assesments this week?

Hopefully here about the managers interview this week :)

Clarky042

Congratulations :) yes just a waiting game now to hear when the 3rd stage is
Anyone doing assesments this week?

Hopefully here about the managers interview this week :)

Got a phone call this morning but missed it as I'm on nights , woke up to find a voicemail and an email inviting me for interview next week... :shock:

I'd best get busy researching ! Best of luck to all

Paul

jhen1980

Got the phone call this afternoon, only had my second lot of tests on Thursday, interview is next Monday.
Squeaky bum time, any advice or help will be gladly accepted. Best of luck to all involved.Where have you applied for Paul?

aced1

Hi yes also received a call today, where is your managers interview taking place both of you? :)

Septus

Lol well I recently received an email, first one from them may I add, stating my application was 'On Hold' till December :|

Just out of interest did anyone who was recently successful go for the Toton depot?

Last edited:

Dynamonic

I've just had the same email too! I also went for Toton.

That email came as a surprise, I thought I was out of the game, lol.

Last edited:

Scaramanga

Was told by HR at Stage 2 a few weeks ago that they're going to run one maybe two further recruitment drives for drivers in 2014.

StainlessSteel

ahh just got an email sayin due to a huge interest couldnt take my applicaton any furthey:cry::cry::cry: .. im just going to start my HNC and apply for a management role in the forseable future.... and gd luck everyone else!!!!
Was told by HR at Stage 2 a few weeks ago that they're going to run one maybe two further recruitment drives for drivers in 2014.

was this told by e-mail or via a phonecall?

Scaramanga

In person pal. One of the HR ladies told a few of us during the stage 2 at Doncaster.

StainlessSteel

Do you reckon to become a trainee driver you need to know people within the company or have worked in the rail industry before or is it pure say look if you have the relevant XP, I currently work at a powerstation and have an idea how the coal trains work, if any know its have any idea give me a shout or a few pointers. Thanks :p
In person pal. One of the HR ladies told a few of us during the stage 2 at Doncaster.

ok , good look chap.....let me know how u get on

Septus

Hmm interesting, with some of us getting 'on hold' emails and others getting thanks but no thanks emails, I wonder if they will advertise again or just use what they got on hold?

Still would like to hear if any of those who already got through applied for Toton depot?
Still would like to hear if any of those who already got through applied for Toton depot?

i will take this as a no then, seen as there has been no response.

Back to playing the waiting game. :)

i went on Tuesday the 29th oct and passed really well only got 2 wrong on the reaction test and excellent on everything else, im waiting for a depot meeting at toton has anyone else gone for toton?

jhen1980

Got my area managers interview this afternoon, has anyone had theirs yet? Haven't had an interview for a good few years so any tips/advice or if anyone might have a clue what sort of things he might ask me, it would greatly appreciated.

Clarky042

Got my area managers interview this afternoon, has anyone had theirs yet? Haven't had an interview for a good few years so any tips/advice or if anyone might have a clue what sort of things he might ask me, it would greatly appreciated.

Good Luck ! Hope it goes well for you mate.

anchorman

best of luck - let us have some feedback on the day (as long as you don't mind us following you to be better prepared!! someone has to go first!)

aced1

Best of luck hope went well for you, let us know how you got on and like yourself been a few years since had an interview so any tips be great :)

jhen1980

Best of luck hope went well for you, let us know how you got on and like yourself been a few years since had an interview so any tips be great :)

Cheers lads, interview went really well, the structured interview in the 2nd lot of tests was more nerve wracking to be honest. The questions weren't too dissimilar actually, how have you coped in an emergency, when have you followed procedures etc. They just asked how you'd cope with long and varied shifts, how you'd keep concentration up, why you want the job. Whatever your answers are just make sure you mention safety being fundamental at all times, and procedures are followed too. He did ask me who the CEO was aswell and didn't expect me to know but the lad in before me gave me the heads up and told me it's Jeff Spencer so cheers to him for that. Fingers crossed for myself and all those still in with a shout.

Septus

Ooh Bescot, now that is on the doorstep.

Already have an application on hold for Toton, still I will put one in for this, only 20-25min away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.