• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DC to DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KODIAK BEAR

anyone know of any websites of how to convert DC into a DCC running loco please ?

If so, would you be kind and let me know please ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

DCC is the way to go, but I cant stress how important it is to kep your old DC controller. Remember before you do chip a train to DCC always ensure it's been fully run in on DC before converting it to DCC!

KODIAK BEAR

DCC is the way to go, but I cant stress how important it is to kep your old DC controller. Remember before you do chip a train to DCC always ensure it's been fully run in on DC before converting it to DCC!

Not to appear thick, why Nick?????

Do DCC loco's not run in on DCC system ? How long is running in time ?

My loco's are in a sealed display cabinet and never run at all.

Nathan

Not to appear thick, why Nick?????

Do DCC loco's not run in on DCC system ? How long is running in time ?

My loco's are in a sealed display cabinet and never run at all.

Chipped locos run on DC still depending on the program they have got to take a bit more power mind you but are still equally as smooth. But Nick is right it is important to run locos in because that is what gives them their smoothness while running instead of stop and start ;)

I take my locos to Compton Acres for running in, Stephen over at Acton etc after that they'll run even better!

KODIAK BEAR

I take my locos to Compton Acres for running in, Stephen over at Acton etc after that they'll run even better![/QUOTE]

Compton Acres??????

that used to be full of flowers n stuff !:o

Nathan

Compton Acres??????

that used to be full of flowers n stuff !:o

Do you remember the model railway exhibition that use to be located on at poole quay second or third floor of a tall building?

Well after being shutdown the railway has relocated there next to the car park between the ticket office for the gardens, so you dont have to pay for entrance to the gardens too but just the railway instead! however only on the quieter days, otherwise changing locos on a busy day is slightly more of a pain for the owner that is very freindly. i dont think you are permitted for photography though which is a shame :(

KODIAK BEAR

Do you remember the model railway exhibition that use to be located on at poole quay second or third floor of a tall building?

Well after being shutdown the railway has relocated there next to the car park between the ticket office for the gardens, so you dont have to pay for entrance to the gardens too but just the railway instead! however only on the quieter days, otherwise changing locos on a busy day is slightly more of a pain for the owner that is very freindly. i dont think you are permitted for photography though which is a shame :(

Tall building !

ok, which one ? :lol:

RNLI HQ is tall, Barcleys, Job centre etc etc have tall ones too !

and no i dont recall the model railway being there.
havent been there since they sold it a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.