• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DCR class 56 scrap train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone in the Cardiff / Newport area know which days the scrap working runs to Tidal Yard and what is the likelihood that 56311 could appear on it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class313

Unfortunatly, the 56 was only on it as a trial run, so will probably not be on it again in the forseable future, the GBRF run from Hansworth can run any weekday, but only if needed, from what I know, it pases Newport at about 19:45, there is another run which runs only on a monday, again, if needed, that passes newport at about 18:45. Hope this helps.

Oh right. I thought that the Devon & Cornwall railway (DCR) is a new operator and they use traction such as 31's / 56's. maybe I was wrong to assume they operate the scrap trains. (similar to the short lived Advenza diagrams)

Freightmaster

Established Member
Maybe I was wrong to assume they operate the scrap trains. (similar to the short lived Advenza diagrams)
They ran a single train (from Grimsby) a few weeks ago,
but nothing else came of that trial.

Until three weeks ago, DRS operated a weekly block train
from Stockton to Cardiff, but that has now gone over to
DB Schenker operation...

...which leaves DB as the main operator of scrap trains
to Tidal, with GBRf handling the Handsworth traffic and
(from next week) the Exeter workings.

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.