• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DCR locos

ExRes

Established Member
The headline figures at least are publicly available on Companycheck:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/04973992/DEVON-AND-CORNWALL-RAILWAYS-LIMITED/financials

Quite, but from what I can see these figures are for March 2018 and not particularly relevant now that Cappagh are pulling the strings, naturally they don't take into account anything to do with the Class 60s either as they weren't purchased until March 2019, personally I've never trusted accounting figures since my days as a Credit Controller and saw, in February 1991, the glowing Dun & Bradstreet report on Air Europe with all their 'assets', because of local (Gatwick) rumours we sat on it for a couple of weeks until the company was declared bankrupt in March 1991 ....... :rolleyes: at least we didn't get our fingers burned though and my boss even congratulated me on my interpretation of their financials :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The figures will always be those that were most recently reported to Companies House; that's where Companycheck get their data from.

The figures for March 2019 are due by 31st December 2019 - this information is in the "summary" under the "Companies House Data" tab.

ExRes

Established Member
60046 started from Doncaster Down Decoy this morning as 0500 6Z57 to Boston, after unloading it continued as 1253 6Z60 to Toton North Yard, the 20s went as 1145 0Z20 Willesden to Peterborough LIP with 56091 as company while Hanson & Hall 50008 operated for DCR on 0906 5Z40 Bristol Barton Hill WRD to Wembley LMD and 1242 5Z41 return with Chiltern coaches having had/requiring PRM work

Last edited:

ExRes

Established Member
20118 & 20132 took 56091 on the 1235 0Z56 Peterborough to Rossington sunday, after dropping the 56 off they went 1530 0Z57 to Leicester LIP

56091 & 56103 took 0505 6Z45 to Scunthorpe Roxby, heavily delayed due to congestion at Scunthorpe, they are now on 1215 retimed to 1840 6Z46 to Willesden for tomorrows Angerstein

60046 is back in Carlisle with the 1210 6Z55 Chaddesden to Kingmoor for tomorrows Boston

Murray J

Found a video of 20118 and 132 and 56091 operating on Sunday, although the working is down as 0Z56 willseden-peterbrough LIP.
Start video at 16:12

ExRes

Established Member
A week after its first light engine test 60055 is reported as working the 1246 Boston Steel and 2018 return today partnering DBC 60001 from Toton

High Dyke

Established Member
A week after its first light engine test 60055 is reported as working the 1246 Boston Steel and 2018 return today partnering DBC 60001 from Toton
It is indeed. Heckington saw a mini 'Tug'fest...as 60046, returning on 6Z57, had to await 055 / 001 to free up the single line from Sleaford, as they headed towards Boston.

ExRes

Established Member
No problems so far for 60046, to Kingmoor monday, Boston yesterday and back to Kingmoor tonight, the 56s worked Angerstein to Scunthorpe last night, then empty to Barnetby and are due back at Willesden early tomorrow afternoon

As High Dyke said 046 was slightly delayed by 055 & 001 but only by a few minutes, 055 is now back at Toton

ExRes

Established Member
56091 & 56103 arrived at Willesden this afternoon with 6Z47 and then made a trip light to Acton and return before taking 6Z40 to Angerstein to form tonights 2300 6Z41 to Scunthorpe Roxby

60046 is running via Settle with the 2220 6Z56 Kingmoor to Boston

ExRes

Established Member
Looks like 60046 is running from Boston to Angerstein Wharf this afternoon

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R08859/2019-11-22/detailed

Yes, there must be something of a build up at Angerstein to warrant a third trip this week, I wonder if anyone will be in South London around 2330 tonight to film 046 passing through ...?

No problems for 046 last night arriving slightly early into Boston this morning with 6Z56 and now on time at Peterborough with 6Z47

The 56s had an oddly extended trip last night with 6Z41, RTT showed them as an 0652 arrival at Scunthorpe Roxby but this was changed to a 1206 arrival with an additional 5 hours as layovers between Thorne Jct and Scunthorpe, they are currently on 6Z45 Scunthorpe Roxby to Rossington

BRX

Established Member
Yes, there must be something of a build up at Angerstein to warrant a third trip this week, I wonder if anyone will be in South London around 2330 tonight to film 046 passing through ...?
They might be, but the sun won't be! However, it looks like the return, loaded, tomorrow will be in daylight.

malc-c

They might be, but the sun won't be! However, it looks like the return, loaded, tomorrow will be in daylight.

Do you have the timings - RTT seems to be playing up for me - says nothing found for Angerstien Wharf when I searched

Y I wonder if anyone will be in South London around 2330 tonight to film 046 passing through ...?

Maybe not... But I video's it running 20min late through Stevenage at 21:45 this evening - video will be up soon

ExRes

Established Member
Do you have the timings - RTT seems to be playing up for me - says nothing found for Angerstien Wharf when I searched

Maybe not... But I video's it running 20min late through Stevenage at 21:45 this evening - video will be up soon

It's on RTT but without a headcode at present, it is scheduled to be 1326 off Angerstein for Scunthorpe Roxby, 1717 through Stevenage

I'll keep an eye out for your video

ExRes

Established Member

You're too modest, your night filming is good but I suppose you could try MoD auctions for some decent quality searchlights :D

malc-c

It's on RTT but without a headcode at present, it is scheduled to be 1326 off Angerstein for Scunthorpe Roxby, 1717 through Stevenage

I'll keep an eye out for your video

Damm... I can't make that, plus it will be dark (again) by then....

Here's the video

BRX

Established Member
60046 now on its way north about 2 hrs late. Apparently a loco fault before departure.

BRX

Established Member
In the end it came past in the last bit of twilight, lighting conditions that the overall grey suits quite well.

malc-c

Good vantage point... and love the sound of the wagons over the joints

BRX

Established Member
Good vantage point... and love the sound of the wagons over the joints
I think that's the sound of a wheel flat, or something else, on one of the wagons actually! There are no track joints on that line.

malc-c

I think that's the sound of a wheel flat, or something else, on one of the wagons actually! There are no track joints on that line.

Catch 22.. I thought it could well be flats, but then might get corrected :D

ExRes

Established Member
60046 now on its way north about 2 hrs late. Apparently a loco fault before departure.

Let's hope the driver had his DBC trackside assistance membership card handy ... I doubt there'll be much problem making up time, 6Z41 is booked to arrive at Rossington at 1136 taking into account a 14 hour layover at Doncaster Down Decoy tonight and giving a 22 hour run time

Thanks to you and malc-c for the videos

The 56s ran as 0825 6Z45 Rossington to Chaddesden this morning and it looks as though they will be light to Leicester and back tomorrow before heading to Willesden on monday

ExRes

Established Member
I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for it ........ but 6Z41 took from 2159 to 2310 to get from Doncaster Decoy South Jct to the Down Decoy last night and then came out 3 hours late today for its 15 minute trip to Rossington, better luck tomorrow as they say ......

BRX

Established Member
I'm pleased to see the first of the 60s out and about, and it will be good to see them increasingly in circulation but I hope they don't displace the 56s too quickly, as I've been rather enjoying having them as regular visitors.

ExRes

Established Member
I'm pleased to see the first of the 60s out and about, and it will be good to see them increasingly in circulation but I hope they don't displace the 56s too quickly, as I've been rather enjoying having them as regular visitors.

An interesting point, once 055 is out and about you would assume that the 60s would take over the two main runs leaving the 56s to perhaps do more odd job type of work, such as the recent trial work to Neath Abbey, I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that the Basford Hall to Longport spoil work would begin phase 2 with a 60 working it but whether there's actually any evidence I don't know. I came across a picture somewhere from September/October time of 028 stripped down at Toton so number three must be fairly well advanced by now as well, but unless DCR have received an offer they can't refuse from the likes of GBRf I personally would guess that the 56s are too useful to let go, it'll be interesting to see how things progress with the Wembley hub, once that's working and all four 60s are available things will have changed considerably

The 56s worked from Chaddesden to Angerstein via Willesden today to work the 2300 6Z41 to Scunthorpe Roxby, once again a massive layover at Scunthorpe Trent Terminal means an arrival time of 1206

60046 worked 6Z54 from Rossington to Doncaster Down Decoy this afternoon then after a light engine trip to Doncaster Roberts Road it returned to Rossington to work this evenings 2020 6Z57 to Kingmoor

BRX

Established Member
What exactly is the 'wembley hub' going to be?

ExRes

Established Member
What exactly is the 'wembley hub' going to be?

Blowed if I can track it down now but I did find something, something official that is not internet guesswork, as a pdf file regarding the hub and other work around the Wembley/Willesden area. It's to be a hub which will be used for inward and outward materials, aggregates and spoil in order to remove them from the roads wherever possible and was mentioned in the Cappagh press announcement when 60046 was delivered a couple of weeks ago, whether it's solely for normal Cappagh work or if it will play a part in HS2 i'm not sure but with the theoretical capability of lifting around 8000 tonnes a day both in and out it's got to be in with a chance of being a major player, hopefully some clearer information will be available over the next few months. I'm assuming it has something to do with the old Willesden Euro Terminal site but stand to be corrected as I believe there is/was also something afoot regarding the use of 'C' Sidings at WEFOC

The 56s managed to get into Scunthorpe Roxby with 6Z41 an hour early this morning and then moved to Doncaster Down Decoy with 6Z42, after a light engine visit to Doncaster Roberts Road they are off with 1951 6Z58 to Neath Abbey Wharf while 60046 is scheduled via Shap and the Hope Valley with tonights Carlisle to Boston

Last edited:

Far north 37

Established Member
Blowed if I can track it down now but I did find something, something official that is not internet guesswork, as a pdf file regarding the hub and other work around the Wembley/Willesden area. It's to be a hub which will be used for inward and outward materials, aggregates and spoil in order to remove them from the roads wherever possible and was mentioned in the Cappagh press announcement when 60046 was delivered a couple of weeks ago, whether it's solely for normal Cappagh work or if it will play a part in HS2 i'm not sure but with the theoretical capability of lifting around 8000 tonnes a day both in and out it's got to be in with a chance of being a major player, hopefully some clearer information will be available over the next few months. I'm assuming it has something to do with the old Willesden Euro Terminal site but stand to be corrected as I believe there is/was also something afoot regarding the use of 'C' Sidings at WEFOC

The 56s managed to get into Scunthorpe Roxby with 6Z41 an hour early this morning and then moved to Doncaster Down Decoy with 6Z42, after a light engine visit to Doncaster Roberts Road they are off with 1951 6Z58 to Neath Abbey Wharf while 60046 are scheduled via Shap and the Hope Valley with tonights Carlisle to Boston
I believe thers has been a new aggregate and construction hub been built in the cricklewood area.
I believe db cargo has a lot of work ut of it.

ExRes

Established Member
I believe thers has been a new aggregate and construction hub been built in the cricklewood area.
I believe db cargo has a lot of work ut of it.

Yes I've heard about that, I think Cricklewood must have changed somewhat in the last 9 or 10 years since I was last there, I remember when the EMT fuelling point was put in the residents were determined to stop any railway expansion at all so the DB hub came as quite a shock to me, with the Cappagh hub though I've not seen anything mentioned other than Wembley so I'm guessing it must be a separate project

Far north 37

Established Member
Yes I've heard about that, I think Cricklewood must have changed somewhat in the last 9 or 10 years since I was last there, I remember when the EMT fuelling point was put in the residents were determined to stop any railway expansion at all so the DB hub came as quite a shock to me, with the Cappagh hub though I've not seen anything mentioned other than Wembley so I'm guessing it must be a separate project
Yes i believe it must be a seperate hub at wembley, living the area at the time there was a lot of uproar in the local papers from residints regarding the db hub.