• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deadpool 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
It seems about time this forum had a deadpool thread, not least as somewhere to post about famous deaths without cluttering up the General Discussion forum with separate threads.
Anyway, you're allowed up to three nominations, though Michael Schumacher is not allowed due to his current state.
No prizes other than the satisfaction of guessing correctly.

My three for 2014 are:
Justin Bieber
Ian Watkins (not H from Steps)
Fidel Castro

Go!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bnm

Established Member
Duke of Edinburgh
Bruce Forsyth
Piers Morgan (more in hope than expectation!)

Tracked

Established Member
Ian Watkins (H from Steps, seriously, mistaken identity killing)
Jeremy Clarkson (Wishful thinking)
Cliff Richards (done these deadpools before, and Maggie Thatcher is unavailable this year)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Cliff Richards (done these deadpools before, and Maggie Thatcher is unavailable this year)

can I clarify, I meant Cliff Richard the singer, see also Mary Hopkin (she must despair ... ) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_yQVEOSJtc

Last edited:

Established Member
Ariel Sharon

BBC said:
Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has died aged 85 after spending eight years in a coma following a stroke.

He was a giant of Israel's military and political scene, but courted controversy throughout his long career.

The head of the Sheba Medical Centre near Tel Aviv said Mr Sharon had died on Saturday afternoon of heart failure.

Cletus

Established Member
Isn't there usually an age restriction with a Dead Pool? IE no-one over a certain age, 30, 40, etc.

Otherwise I'd pick Prince Philip or the Queen.

Last edited:

Established Member
John Button, father of Jenson.

McLaren said:
We are very sad to report that John Button, Jenson's father, has died at home in France.

Martin Whitmarsh (Team Principal, McLaren Mercedes) has made the following statement.

"Speaking on behalf of all at McLaren Mercedes, I want to say how very sad I was to hear the news of John's passing.

"In my long Formula 1 career, I've encountered many drivers' fathers, but I think it's safe to say that John was perhaps more devoted to his son than any of them.

A real shame, that.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor

flymo

Established Member
It's been announced that Roger Lloyd Pack has died, very sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25762006

He played one of the most understated characters in "Only Fools and Horses" but was one of the fans favourites.

Originally said by Trigger, Only Fools and Horses speaking about Del's child to be -
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigourney after an actress. And if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney, after Dave.

Stunned, that is all. Wonderful actor that could teach so much. Thanks for the laughs Roger.

Established Member
Shirley Temple.

BBC said:
Former Hollywood child star Shirley Temple has died at the age of 85.

With her adorable charm and blonde curls, she was one of the most popular stars of the 1930s, in hit movies like Bright Eyes and Stand Up and Cheer.

After retiring from films in 1950 at the age of 21, Temple returned to the spotlight as a politician and diplomat.

She died on Monday at home in Woodside, California, from natural causes. "She was surrounded by her family and caregivers," a statement said.

Status
Not open for further replies.