• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

December 2014 TT changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

berneyarms

Established Member
Southern have finally added their new timetables - effective 5 January.

c2c, Grand Central timetables are now online also.

This leaves only Merseyrail to publish their timetables.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mugby

Established Member
There were old timetables for several Northern services still in the racks at Sheffield yesterday despite being obsolete by then.

I picked up a few new booklets, are EMT the only train operator in Britain who can't manage to put Sunday times (for London) in one publication?

Starmill

Veteran Member
Apparently LM calling regularly now at Wembley in the daytime peak flow. Strange.

Also no more Sunday service at Appleford?

cle

Established Member
Apparently LM calling regularly now at Wembley in the daytime peak flow. Strange.

Also no more Sunday service at Appleford?

Surely if an hourly Tring stop can be found, Queens Park would make more sense? 2m busier per year and much better for Bakerloo connections to relieve Euston a bit.

And QP station isn't a weird, locked up hellhole. Surely now with 6 calls an hour, WC must be at the point of a redesign if it's stil being opened and closed for each one...?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry for the double post - but this is an interesting one:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/W48614/2015/01/20

Presumably something diverted away from London Bridge?

Denmark Hill definitely does well this round. In addition to this, in the AM peak there is an additional Victoria stop at 08:07 from Gillingham too.

Plus 5 car Overgrounds, the many new calls off peak (Vic-Dover) and the later Dartfords finally.... it's a good time for my old local station!

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Surely if an hourly Tring stop can be found, Queens Park would make more sense? 2m busier per year and much better for Bakerloo connections to relieve Euston a bit.

And QP station isn't a weird, locked up hellhole. Surely now with 6 calls an hour, WC must be at the point of a redesign if it's stil being opened and closed for each one...?

I don't know how this one passed me by.

Are the platforms at Queens Park safe to use in regular traffic? The state of the fencing on the up slow platform doesn't look especially safe.

Wembley Central only has 4tph at xx03, xx07, xx14 and xx29, so I'd imagine they keep the doors open for the four of them and then shut the platforms off. The doors are at least on the concourse now.

Starmill

Veteran Member
No extra trains calling, just a switch from the Lichfield City services to the Lichfield Trent Valley services calling there.

Oh I see I got that wrong. Thanks. Still a minor improvement though would you say, improves connections to the mainline for Shenstone?

cle

Established Member

Are the platforms at Queens Park safe to use in regular traffic? The state of the fencing on the up slow platform doesn't look especially safe.

Wembley Central only has 4tph at xx03, xx07, xx14 and xx29, so I'd imagine they keep the doors open for the four of them and then shut the platforms off. The doors are at least on the concourse now.

They re-did the staircase and put in information screens at Queens Park a few years back, but nothing more. I think it'd need to be 12 cars these days to enable flexibility of services.

It needs some refining though - but I thnk it'd be worth trying to stop services there. Lots of development, and mentioned as a focus point on certain documents I've seen. Especially if the ELL/NLL comes through in future too.

And if WCML locals go to Crossrail, there would definitely be capacity through those lines for that section - probably for freight but paths nonetheless.

infobleep

Veteran Member

How many trains stop their on Sundays now? Is it still 0?

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
How many trains stop their on Sundays now? Is it still 0?

Unless you're counting the 0200 Euston-Watford Junction*, then it's only the Overground and Bakerloo Line all day.

*yes I know it's an Overground train running on the DC lines, but the timetable says it's still London Midland ;)

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

Intrigued by this I just looked at the LM timetable, and if these calls exist they are unadvertised - it shows only the Southern trains calling as they always did.

I wonder if they are an error.

Neil

berneyarms

Established Member

Intrigued by this I just looked at the LM timetable, and if these calls exist they are unadvertised - it shows only the Southern trains calling as they always did.

I wonder if they are an error.

Neil

Look again!

Wembley Central has a southbound Southern service at xx:03(appx), and a LM service at xx:29 from Tring between 11:29 and 16:29.

Northbound there are trains calling at xx:07 (Southern) and an LM service at xx:14 (from 10:14 to 15:14).

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member

The calls are there in the LM timetable: http://www.londonmidland.com/download/104286/euston-lines/

I've worked out why I missed it though. Wembley Central used to be listed in the Hemel-Euston pocket timetable, but in the current edition it isn't. Ironic given that more trains now actually stop there.

cle

Established Member
I wonder what drove it - higher patronage there? Isn't there some sort of low rent Bicester-style shopping place in Wembley now?

infobleep

Veteran Member
There is some ORCATS revenue to be had...
The same thought crossed my mind this evening. Wonder why they didn't do it sooner than this.

Would they generate even bigger revenues if they were able to stop trains at Wembley Central during the peak. Wonder if Sunday would generate any OCATS revenues?

cle

Established Member
Do they do ORCATS within the London zones? Everyone surely on Oyster/travelcards...?

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
It'll all be Travelcards, so I doubt there's much revenue.

I'm assuming that the peak trains dont call because IIRC Wembley Central needs UDS to be used on an 8 or 12 car.

infobleep

Veteran Member
It'll all be Travelcards, so I doubt there's much revenue.

I'm assuming that the peak trains dont call because IIRC Wembley Central needs UDS to be used on an 8 or 12 car.
What does UDS stand for? How will Wembley Central cope when all Southern services are 8 car?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
What does UDS stand for? How will Wembley Central cope when all Southern services are 8 car?

The same way they cope now - they use SDO (front 7). I can't see why UDS would be a problem, it isn't a problem anywhere else.

UDS is unit deselect, the simple form of selective door opening LM use where you can open only the doors in the units forward of the cab you are in.

I expect the reason peak services do not call is simply because they are already overcrowded without adding Wembley passengers to the mix. There might also not be room in the peak timetable for it, as more trains run than off-peak.

Neil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.