• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

delay compensation - connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
quick question. If a late running inbound train just misses your connection, and the next train is not for two hours, that does count as a two hour delay for compensation purposes, yes? late runner was an FGW High speed into Swansea. onward journey to Pembroke.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GadgetMan

The amount of time your journey is delayed is decided by how late you are arriving at your destination.

For example, if you miss a connection, have to wait 2 hrs for the next train, but the service is quicker and gets you to your destination 1hr 55mins late, then that is what your delay is classed as.

calc7

Established Member
The amount of time your journey is delayed is decided by how late you are arriving at your destination.

For example, if you miss a connection, have to wait 2 hrs for the next train, but the service is quicker and gets you to your destination 1hr 55mins late, then that is what your delay is classed as.

Though in these cases it's always prudent to keep an eye on the actual arrival time as it may end up being over 2hrs anyway! :)

island

Veteran Member
I applied a similar principle on Southeastern recently. Cannon Street station had been closed unexpectedly due to a one-under and I proceeded to Bank and got the DLR and a bus. I ended up more than 30 minutes late at my destination station, so claimed Delay-Repay (and got a £1.20 RTV today, why do I bother?)

Status
Not open for further replies.