• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay on part of route - 50% refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
Today I'm travelling from Newcastle to Scarborough, using a off peak single

I broke my journey at Durham and on getting back to the station the trains were quite heavily (45 minutes) delayed.

If I send a claim off will I get 50% for the entire £29 cost of my ticket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Which operator's service was 45 minutes late?

You won't be entitled to a part refund but instead to National Rail vouchers equivalent if the operator specifies compensation on 30 minute delays in the passenger's charter. Northern Rail, for instance, do not - only on delays of 60 minutes or more.

johntea

Established Member
East Coast, I used their online system last week for another journey. Sorry that is what I meant compensation in rail vouchers.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
So just to confirm you were actually delayed by at least 30 minutes as a result of the disruption. If you were going to catch a train at say 14:00 and you caught a 13:13 service that arrived just before 14:00 then I don't think you're entitled to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.