• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay re pay involving 2 TOCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone more knowledgable here would be able to help with a delay repay claim. It involves 2 different TOCs so I’m a but confused

Background: I was supposed to get the 7:45 Northern departure from Hull to York, arriving at 8:57

I’d then change onto the 9:20 TPE service to Newcastle, arriving at 10:19

My train from Hull to York was cancelled which meant I had to get the 8:45 to York (arriving at 9:57)
As I arrived in York late I missed my TPE connection north.
I got the next TPE service and arrived in Newcastle at 11:55

Here’s where I’m a bit confused.

I know that I can claim delay repay from Northern for the Hull - York section (that’s fairly simple) but how do/can I claim for the York to Newcastle section

Ultimately, I was around an hour and a half late arriving into Newcastle since my Hull - YRK train was cancelled and I missed my connection. Would I try and claim this from Northern given that TPE didn’t actually do anything wrong?

Hopefully that all makes sense, it’s been a while since I claimed delay repay
The Hull - York ticket was an anytime return and the YRK-NCL was an advance

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrJeeves

Established Member
You should claim for the full journey from Northern as part of the same claim.

It's up to the TOC that first caused you to miss an element of your valid itinerary to compensate you for your delay.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You should claim for the full journey from Northern as part of the same claim.
...and should state your entire journey, and give pictures/details of both tickets, to get the correct amount of compensation (i.e. based on the combined cost of both tickets).

Of course, Northern also offer the option of claiming a free ticket when delayed by 30+ minutes, which the OP may prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.