• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay - 2 cumulative delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatfordCat

(apologies if asked before, but could not find a thread that had a similar situation)

What's the deal with Delay Repay if you get two delays on two legs of a journey, neither of which is over the threshold, but the combined effect is?

My journey home is on Southern from Balham to Clapham Junction, then SWT in the general direction of Berkshire.

Today, after two consecutive trains were 'cancelled' at Balham (ran non stop due to earlier delays) I arrived at Clapham Junction 22 minutes later than I would have done if the first Southern Train had run normally, and I missed a SWT train (which was more or less on time) by about a minute.

The next train home (half hourly service) from Clapham Junction was 28 minutes late when it got here. Net result, I was 58 minutes late.

Southern pay out if you're over 30 minutes late, SWT if you're over 60 minutes late.

Can I claim from Southern for what was a cumulative delay of more than 30 minutes, even though their bit was within the 30 minute threshold, and the other bit was not their train?

Or would they only give me something for the bit of the journey between Balham and Clapham Junction? If so, I'm not sure I can be bothered.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can I claim from Southern for what was a cumulative delay of more than 30 minutes, even though their bit was within the 30 minute threshold, and the other bit was not their train?
Your journey was from Balham to the unspecified station in Berkshire. You claim for a 58 minute delay to your journey. You send the claim to Southern.

For a more detailed answer, see Who should delay repay claim(s) be made to?

Compensation claims would (almost) always go to the TOC whose train you were (booked to be) on was cancelled/delayed and caused your arrival into your destination to be late, even if subsequent trains were delayed.

These ones sound straightforward, but for complex matters it's best to post the full itinerary if in doubt....

CatfordCat

Thanks.

I did see that one, but with both parts of my delay being under the threshold, thought it didn't quite match.

I'll try Southern. (I still haven't got anything back following the major Clapham Junction - Wandsworth Common thing one morning a month or two back)

Status
Not open for further replies.