• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay data sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyesbkz

Hello,

I've been reading some existing threads, none of which seems to have a concrete answer.

I was delayed for 15 minutes into Chesterfield on https://www.recenttraintimes.co.uk/Home/Service?ServiceId=68479197, but Northern have denied the claim, citing a 14-minute delay.

Could somebody point me to where they get their data from, so I can check whether it really does say 14 minutes, before making an appeal and sending the above link as evidence?

Any other suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks,
lyesbkz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hello,

I've been reading some existing threads, none of which seems to have a concrete answer.

I was delayed for 15 minutes into Chesterfield on https://www.recenttraintimes.co.uk/Home/Service?ServiceId=68479197, but Northern have denied the claim, citing a 14-minute delay.

Could somebody point me to where they get their data from, so I can check whether it really does say 14 minutes, before making an appeal and sending the above link as evidence?

Any other suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks,
lyesbkz
They are likely to get their data from Trust, which is not publicly available. Sources such as recentraintimes and realtimetrains use a variety of industry data but are not an official source and can vary from the accepted industry data standards and be inaccurate.

island

Veteran Member
From bitter experience I now take a video on my phone when pulling into a station if I am likely to be just on the border of getting compensation (or getting a higher amount of compensation) including noting the exact time on my watch when the doors are released and taking in the station clock.

Haven’t needed to send one in yet but the time will no doubt come.

ScotTrains

Last month I was on a late running Virgin train arriving into Glasgow. I was watching realtimetrains and noticed it said we had arrived when we were still just crossing the Clyde!

lyesbkz

I really do dispute the information they're using. I was delayed again today, and was checking the National Rail Enquiries app arrivals board whilst sat on the train (and this time I took a number of screenshots).

The scheduled arrival time was 18:21.

At 18:50, the app showed an estimated arrival time of 18:51.
At 18:51, when the train was still quite a way from the station, the app displayed "arrived 18:52".
At 18:52, we were still on the move, and the app still showed "arrived 18:52".
At 18:53, the train finally came to a stop at the station. The app still showed "arrived 18:52".

This gives an actual delay of 32 minutes, but according to this data, a delay of 31 minutes. I will attempt to submit a claim for this journey, but it wouldn't surprise me if they claim their data showed something else again...

robbeech

Established Member
I really do dispute the information they're using. I was delayed again today, and was checking the National Rail Enquiries app arrivals board whilst sat on the train (and this time I took a number of screenshots).

The scheduled arrival time was 18:21.

At 18:50, the app showed an estimated arrival time of 18:51.
At 18:51, when the train was still quite a way from the station, the app displayed "arrived 18:52".
At 18:52, we were still on the move, and the app still showed "arrived 18:52".
At 18:53, the train finally came to a stop at the station. The app still showed "arrived 18:52".

This gives an actual delay of 32 minutes, but according to this data, a delay of 31 minutes. I will attempt to submit a claim for this journey, but it wouldn't surprise me if they claim their data showed something else again...
From what i can see it is 31L from the public timetable and 31.5L in the Working Timetable. This will be rounded to 32L in some places hence the discrepancy. I would expect this to be paid based on a 30-59 minute delay but of course, there's a chance that they'll reject it based on one of several completely unrelated reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.