• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay during strike action with pre-existing tickets - disagreement with TOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

Established Member
But the contract has been changed by one party. This is not unusual in the supply of services. No question that if the other party does not want to proceed, they are made whole, which might simply be a refund. But if they do decide to proceed... ?

Why are they entitled to have their amended contract cake and also eat their original contract compensation?
It is abundantly clear in consumer legislation that no party has the right to unilaterally amend a contract without the agreement of the other party.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philthetube

Established Member
Of course if someone has an advanced purchase ticket, then their personal details are known by a retailer. Thus might not be SWR though. Could SWR contact retailers and get them to contact their customers? Might as well be a blanket e-mail.

I had two concerts cancelled on me in 2002. Both venues left answerphone messages or sent me text messages. The concerts held around 2,000. How many advances would be sold Tuesday to Saturday, which included travel on SWR trains? More than 4,000?
likely but not always, you can buy advances from a ticket office though I suspect that this is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.