• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay help

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
On the 21/05 I aimed to travel from Ashton (AHN) to Meadowhall (MHS) via Stalybridge (SYB) and Piccadilly (MAN) with an itenary of:

1538 AHN to SYB
1550 SYB to MAN
1619 MAN to MHS

The 1550 was cancelled due to late running, which is a TPExpress service. To support my claim can anyone give me a real-time trains link for this service? TPExpress are claiming i took a massively circuitous route via Salford and Manchester Ox Rd.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Dear Sir/Madam;

On the 21st May 2018 I attempted to travel from Ashton-Under-Lyne (AHN) to Sheffield (SHF) via Stalybridge (SYB) and Manchester Piccadilly (MAN). My itinerary was as follows:

15:38 AHN to SYB (Northern)
15:52 SYB to MAN (TPExpress)
16:19 MAN to SHF (TPExpress)

Unfortunately, the 15:52 from Stalybridge to Manchester Piccadilly was cancelled due to it running extremely late. This meant I missed my booked connection in Manchester, leaving me arriving into Sheffield at 18:10 as opposed to 17:10. As per your Delay Repay scheme, this should give me 100% of my ticket cost back (as detailed below)

Unfortunately, your Delay Repay team at your head office wrongly passed my claim over to Northern, thinking I followed an itinerary different to the one I actually did. This email correspondence was only received today, hence my late email to yourselves, even though my delay repay was originally submitted on the day of said delay. As such, I kindly request you look at my delay again and compensate me accordingly for the full cost of my tickets (£3.90+£3.45=£7.35), attached below:

mail

I look forward to your timely response, and ask that my delay repay (ideally in the form of Rail Travel Vouchers), be sent to my home address below:

(Address redacted)

Let's see how this goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.