• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay refused - Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.

farleigh

Hello,

I applied for Delay Repay from Southern:
24th January.
Horley Dep 1535.
Change at Gatwick for 1550 Eastbourne train to Hampden Park
Change at Hampden Park for 1656 train to Bexhill. Arrive 1717.

Due to cancellations at Horley I had to get the 1620 from Gatwick to Bexhill arriving at 1745. Southern have rejected my claim as they say my intended train was the 1620. It wasn't.

I feel like it is not worth the time but have submitted again on principle. What should I do if they reject again?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bubieyehyeh

Email the complaint address with the details if they reject again. I've had similar claims rejected, I think there system doesn't handle multiple changes at intermediate stations well compounded staff not reading the comments field.

gray1404

Established Member
I would try appealing first. When you say you have resubmitted I assume you included your delay repay reference number from the first claim, if so they should know its an appeal. If you still don't win on appeal send a complaint to them by email. In this email state that you have already applied and appealed through delay repay. Otherwise they might try and pass to back to submitting another delay repay claim.

When I have had to email them, following rejection of my claims and no joy on appeal, I have received Rail Travel Vouchers from them in the post. But I have then been able to exchange these for cash a GTR (Thameslink, Southern, Great Northern or Southern branded) ticket office for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.