• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay refused

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejayd

On the 9th Aug I was trying to get 17:55 Manchester Oxford Road to Chester train but on arriving at the station the board said it was cancelled. No cancellation on real-time trains. Anyway, I left station to get some food and came back to get 18:55. I submitted a delay repay to TFW but they've declined it, even after appeal saying there is no evidence a train was cancelled on this day.

I know it was cancelled as I even spoke to a chap at the station who advised me to either go to picc or come back for 18:55.

I don't have photographic evidence (but I will next time). How am I meant to prove a train was cancelled ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

father_jack

It wasn't "cancelled" and that's where the customer relations are getting their underpants in a twist. It was a fail to call for whatever reason. TOPS would show the FTS and off route report.

Status
Not open for further replies.