• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay Single ticket with annual season

Chrisgr31

Established Member
A few weeks ago I travelled on a Thameslink train from Three Bridges to London Bridge. The train was over 15 minutes but not as much as 30 minutes late.

I had bought a single Ticket from Three Bridges to East Croydon which cost £7.10. From East Croydon I was using my annual season ticket from Crowborough to London Bridge which passes through East Croydon and cost £3383.00. Southern (!) have given me Delay Repay of £1.90 a sum I know well as it’s 25% of 1/464 of my ticket.

However seems wrong to me. I think they should have given me 25% of my Three Bridges to East Croydon ticket plus something for the East Croydon to London part of my ticket. No idea how to calculate it! Any ideas what the answer is

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
An extra 25% due (based on the cost of the railcard discounted £7.10 single from Three Bridges to East Croydon) so maybe the princely amount of £1.78?

Chrisgr31

Established Member
I know its not much! However its principle, if they are only going to compensate me on the basis of timetable of the day I'll claim every penny due, especially when it costs more to process!

Fenchurch SP

IME they never get these type of claims right first time. If you complain to customer services they'll get it right eventually.