• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay (when train leaves early!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Beau

Just checking if I can claim delay repay……

Train due to depart station at 08:45.
I walk across bridge at station at 08:43 and see the train departing.
I know two mins is cutting it fine to make the train, but can I claim delay repay as I had to wait until the 09:45 which arrived 60 mins later than intended?

I text my work colleague was on the train and he asked the conductor why it left 2 mins early, and they checked their timetable and said they got ahead of themselves!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member

I know two mins is cutting it fine to make the train, but can I claim delay repay as I had to wait until the 09:45 which arrived 60 mins later than intended?

I text my work colleague was on the train and he asked the conductor why it left 2 mins early, and they checked their timetable and said they got ahead of themselves!
I would do it by email not by a website form, which would inevitably produce a rejection. Or by contacting customer services and asking for a suitable payment.

JBuchananGB

If you can copy and paste your text messages with your work colleague on the train into the message to customer services it might help your cause!

Haywain

Veteran Member
An early departure, to that extent, is generally regarded as quite a serious matter and I would be surprised if it wasn't recorded.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

I'd write it as a complaint rather than a DR claim.

I wrote to Northern a few years ago, and - after a bit of chasing - they eventually gave me a free return ticket to travel anywhere on the Northern network.

Status
Not open for further replies.