• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1609

Established Member
Interesting.

I wonder if the 'priority list' itself got, err, 'lost' (!) when NX transferred the EC franchise to DOR? Hmm....

Do EC actually deal with this themselves? Most of the ex southern region TOCs seem to use subcontractors. Southerns is a company called (i think) people matters in Tonbridge. I've met one of the bosses from it down on the K&ESR and hes a real nice bloke and a real keen rail enthusiast.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I think they do as the address for sending off the claim form is in Newcastle (Central Station offices), and one of the phone numbers is Newcastle as well. They also handle complaints for NXEA.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Do EC actually deal with this themselves? Most of the ex southern region TOCs seem to use subcontractors. Southerns is a company called (i think) people matters in Tonbridge. I've met one of the bosses from it down on the K&ESR and hes a real nice bloke and a real keen rail enthusiast.
I don't know about now, but NXEC did at least some of them in York. My contact told me that letters would get 'lost' but that if people were persistent their letters would not get lost and they'd get high priority. Quite a few people just sent letters off and didn't bother chasing them, and NX saw that as a way to save money.
142094 said:
They also handle complaints for NXEA.
Yes I heard that. NX were also planning to move out of York. Hence why my contact is no longer there - NX were basically wrecking the franchise, treating their staff badly, threatening them with redundancy (or moving them to somewhere rubbish), and forcing them to handle complaints about areas that they were not familiar with. It's a disgrace that they ever got the franchise in the first place, and the damage they caused is going to take time to repair.

Established Member
Well I've only had to deal with the Newcastle office staff once, and top marks, so I hope it will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.