• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delays on SW Trains yesterday..esp the Waterloo-Reading line

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfoxcc

Bro in law had to do a very quick Plan B yesterday to get his connection at KX ( thread on delay repay in the Fares Forum)

Info was sketchy and although the tannoy at Bracknell said for further info ask staff they had nothing to add apart from something about a level crossing

Checked with the driver of the service at platform and he had no info either. Realtrains showed it still at Bracknell after 60mins eventually getting into Waterloo 112 down ( iirc) and open trains just showed a stack all queueing in front of him

Can anyone enlarge of what actually caused this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theironroad

Established Member
I believe the signalling centre responsible lost control ( all remotely managed) of 7 level crossings on the route.

silverfoxcc

Thanks

It must have been a nightmare . When i spoke to the driver and mentioned Level crossings he said it was the one at Wokingham, which puzzled me as it was to his rear..Now all were going pear shaped i can understand it....

Dr_Paul

Established Member
I was lucky in that I caught an up Reading service at Richmond about mid-day to Clapham Junction and just missed the bother. I looked at Real Time Trains later in the day, and noticed that services after the one I caught were delayed, some horrendously, a couple of hours in some instances. Weybridge > Staines > Waterloo services were running straight up the main line; up Reading services were reversed at Virginia Water and run via Weybridge and up the main line. Practically everything else on the Windsor lines was cancelled for two or three hours.

Uzair

I believe the signalling centre responsible lost control ( all remotely managed) of 7 level crossings on the route.
This gives some more clarity. I did Putney to Richmond around midday and am pretty sure that after leaving the train, heard the guard making an announcement to say the train would now be terminating at Twickenham (was originally bound for W&ER) but didn't hear why. Then from Isleworth to Putney in the evening, announcements on platforms that were referring to the delays just described it a "problem under investigation".

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
This gives some more clarity. I did Putney to Richmond around midday and am pretty sure that after leaving the train, heard the guard making an announcement to say the train would now be terminating at Twickenham (was originally bound for W&ER) but didn't hear why. Then from Isleworth to Putney in the evening, announcements on platforms that were referring to the delays just described it a "problem under investigation".

I went from Putney to Clapham Junction on a fast train around 6pm, that "Problem under investigation" announcement was really annoying. Obviously there was a hell of a problem!

We sailed through Wandsworth Town where a surprising amount of passengers were still waiting for a slow train, I thought we might have stopped there to pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.