• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delete if it's inappropriate, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've FINALLY left TTF.

Yes, I thought you may be interested to know I'm one person who got sick of the nastiness of certain members. Basically the same sort of thing that nearly got me off here, but that was slightly different. One forum member there finally put me down so much for celebrating what was, in my eyes, a monumentous occasion, that I decided I cannot be part of that forum any more. I can now focus more efforts on this forum and the other forum I frequent with my postings.

Anyway, delete this if someone sees it necessary, just thought it was worth noting.

Or will I get put down by a member here too?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

FGWFan, if you get 'put down' by a member here, it is against the rules and a member will therefore recieve a strike.

Guinness

Established Member
Interesting..

Seems a quite harsh Thread to be honest. That's TTF for ya!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thanks guys, I'll ensure someone receives a PM about it if it happens.

By 'put down', I mean like feeling made to feel inadequate for posting on something, like you don't belong on the forum, that sort of thing.

T

Tom

FGWFan, just use the Blue button, it reports a post to a moderator and then we can take action!

Simming

So what does 43009 sound like, and can you, as a passenger, tell there is that extra power on the rail?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
As a passenger, if you were sitting in your seat, unless you paid much attention to the take-off from stations (most have in-depth conversations, read, listen to music, etc), you might not notice. You might notice you arrive at stations slightly quicker, better recovery after standing at a red...

It was difficult to tell really. The only red we were stopped at was just before arriving into Newport, it having been quick off the mark, 130 on the rear drowned out all noise from 009!

The noise is certainly well reduced from the loco, clag doesn't exist. A little bit of exhaust, all engines provide some, but nothing compared to older locomotives.

But as I said, most passengers don't pay attention to their journey unless they're delayed, so the overall effect of the MTU 16V4000s isn't too well noticed by them. I assume they'd arrive into Paddington slightly quicker than timetabled though. Unless it's on a busy service with longer than timetabled-dwell times at Swindon and Reading, time being saved then being minimal.

Anyway, to ride behind 009 and (I'd imagine) 004 will be very different to riding behind, say, 003, which on one occasion was a smoke machine! Of course, the scream is gone now too.

Finally, to summarise, I do recommend you ride behind one or both of them if you can to see what you think for yourself, but the Paxman-equipped 43s are more fun IMO.

Guinness

Established Member
A bit off Topic but .....

What are the MML HSTs re-engined with?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
good question to which I have no answer! :oops: I should know that dammit! I was able to tell someone the exact name of the Valenta Paxman the other day mind! yay I'm clever!

Hmm... shame you didn't have the cojones to send me a PM, AFAIAC. As I said over on TTF, it's a shame some have souls so precious they are shattered the minute someone makes a dig. If you feel comfortable elsewhere, fine, your perogative. Why carp on about it over here though, it is an issue that has NOTHING to do with here. Any rules on what constitutes an on-forum argument and an off-forum argument here, I wonder?

T

Tom

I'm afraid to say Eternal Traveller, but we do not have your rule of arguments with on-forum and off-forum, so I don't believe you can actually complain about that.

Fair dos - I'm just following the old adage that if someone wants to have a whinge I find it preferable to do it where it matters, not bogging your own forum down with such matters.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I really don't want another argument about TTF on here.

At the moment we don't have such a rule but it's something we could consider.

That rule isn't consistently enforced though but I don't want an argument on here about it so I'll PM you, ET.

T

Tom

Yes, yes, I understand that... its just that people like to get stuff off their chest, etc.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The MML HSTs were, I believe re-engined with Valenta VP185s.

To go back to topic, ET, it is my decision to leave TTF. I wanted to leave, there were reasons I'm not going to delve into. That guy just took it too far in annoying me.

Anyway, let's go no further with the discussion. I'd rather leave TTF as a gradually fading memory.

Dave A

Well done! I did it ages ago but I'm not one to brag that I was probably the first to leave TTF after speaking my mind ;) :D

Craig

Established Member
Big Brother said:
Well done! I did it ages ago but I'm not one to brag that I was probably the first to leave TTF after speaking my mind ;) :D
IIRC you were banned for being a [insult removed]. Maybe you did delete yourself, but it wouldn't have been long before you were deleted anyway. But it doesn't matter, it's all irrelevant to this forum anyway isn't it... :roll:

Met Driver

Established Member
Craig, you have been issued with a warning (please see PM). Verbal abuse will not be tolerated at RailUK, and if you continue to talk to people in that manner, you will be banned. Simple.

It would also seem that no-one listened to what Yorkie said. He requested that we have no more arguments about TTF on here. As none of you could comply with this simple request, this thread is locked.

T

Tom

Craig, I'm afraid to say that you have no right to report Seth for that post. You have, therefore, recieved a nice present from me (please see your PMs shortly).

Status
Not open for further replies.