• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Depot Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hello,
I had a drivers assesment day last year, and failed one of the tests, meaning I only have one chance left.
I was wondering, would applying for a depot drivers job count as the last chance I have?
Or is is a seperate, fresh two attempts due to it being slightly different?
Thanks
Matthew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stjimmy87

Hello,
I had a drivers assesment day last year, and failed one of the tests, meaning I only have one chance left.
I was wondering, would applying for a depot drivers job count as the last chance I have?
Or is is a seperate, fresh two attempts due to it being slightly different?
Thanks

Matthew

Hi

I think it still counts as a go so you only have the one chance left. This is going but EMT so not sure if it's different elsewhere. EMT depot drivers are trained to mainline standard so sit the mainline assessments.

Hope that makes sense

TheEdge

Established Member
Depot driver is still a driver grade, you still have to pass the same tests to the same level as mainline. So no, you don't get extra goes that way and your depot tests would be life 2.

I'm inclined to say that it depends on the company / depot.

I don't work for a TOC yet I am a depot driver (though the competency to drive & shunt is merely only an "add-on" to my actual job) . I regularly prep and "hand over" trains to TOC drivers as they don't sign the whole depot.

Certainly wouldn't put myself in the same category as a TOC driver.

12guard4

You might not put yourself in that category but TOCs do. The replies are correct it counts as a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.