• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Depot Logos - Eastfield etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Can read about the Railfreight depot logos here.

InterCity Depots also had some badges created just before privatisation - I have a set of badges but need to take some pictures. Interestingly there were no badges for the East Coast depots though.

Few more can be found on the Hattons site. Never seen the South Wales Sheep or Tinsley Snail before!
Thanks for linking those. I’d seen the snail one on a few Peaks in the 1980s when they were transferred to Tinsley, and I remember the rabbit one now. But like you I don’t think I ever saw a sheep emblem on anything.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I’ve got a couple of unofficial diamond ones that I quite like:

This one is from Williton diesel depot on the West Somerset Railway, it’s of an apple due to Somerset being famous for zyder.
46C75D68-3104-4896-B06D-AF2ED907E84A.jpeg

And this one was mentioned to me by a friend earlier, he called it the Exeter Dactyl (Pterodactyl). It’s actually of a handheld gauge used by fitters, shunters and wheel tappers to check wheel flange clearances and wear.
29FA7C6D-DAD1-421B-9822-E9A881C8E5EA.jpeg

AJM580

Peterborough. It's a Yarmouth-Birmingham summer Saturday train.

I recognise the right hand one as well if memory serves me right that could well be 47380 "Immingham" at Peterborough on a Yarmouth - Birmingham during 1988 as I have a very similar shot of the same loco.

Getting back on topic, I found the following .

https://thebeautyoftransport.com/20...7-corporate-identity-roundel-design-group-uk/

another site with some interesting reading on the railfreight livery of 1987 onwards.

Stratford started applying Cockney Sparrows to most of their 47s before this, and 47007 when named "Stratford" had a full colour version of the diamond logo applied

Status
Not open for further replies.