• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Depot Protection Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellybabyj

Hello all I need some help I
Have a interview next month for the above roll I read the Job discription etc and now just need little bit more info
Just to prepare as I know I be using radio and phone coms etc and meeting trains as they come in

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hello all I need some help I
Have a interview next month for the above roll I read the Job discription etc and now just need little bit more info
Just to prepare as I know I be using radio and phone coms etc and meeting trains as they come in

Never heard of that role....

FGW_DID

Established Member
Can you post the job description? Someone may have a similar job but called a different name and that may help identify the actual role.

The name of the location and company may help us as well!

Last edited:

Nym

Established Member
I can tell you what I think it is... But AGA may have some very different ideas as to what a "Depot Protection Assistant" would be.

MrPIC

Depot Protection Assistant is exactly that really, you are responsible for applying depot protection to roads within the shed, which means applying boards/flags, and operating a switch which prevents the shed signals from being cleared. You'll be instructed by the depot manager on what roads to protect as the trains come in, and then once all the work has been done on the units you'll have to release them so they can be moved. Expect a lot of walking up and down as you place stop boards each end of units
*used to work at that depot so fairly familiar with that role*

Nym

Established Member
Depot Protection Assistant is exactly that really, you are responsible for applying depot protection to roads within the shed, which means applying boards/flags, and operating a switch which prevents the shed signals from being cleared. You'll be instructed by the depot manager on what roads to protect as the trains come in, and then once all the work has been done on the units you'll have to release them so they can be moved. Expect a lot of walking up and down as you place stop boards each end of units

One of the two possibles I was expecting, the other being providing protection to people who are not fully qualified to work that depot.

jellybabyj

Cheers for the info it is a great heads up to prepare for the interview etc

Status
Not open for further replies.