• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Depot Visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class-jnr

Hello, please can anyone advise me when and how you find out about depot open days. I have seen Crewe did one for charity.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Just keep your eyes open on this forum and the railway press; there's usually a small number of open days around the country each year and they do tend to get advertised and posted about several months in advance.

pieguyrob

Various railway societies do depot tours. I am a member of the Inter City Railway Society. We have just done Long Marston, annually, we also go to Crewe Basford Hall and Eastleigh Works. Last year our AGM was at the East Lancs Railway, so had a tour of Baron Street depot. Also this year has seen members only visit to WCR at Carnforth.
The ICRS website is:-

www.intercityrailwaysociety.org

For more info on becoming a member and upcoming visits. I presume the branch line society, also do something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.