• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derby Information Screens showing CrossCountry call at ABHLJN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnychips

Established Member
According to the PIS at Derby, the 1244 XC service to Motherwell is calling at Alnmouth, Berwick, ABHLJN, Edinburgh...

What’s that mean please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E_Reeves

Established Member
That is Abbeyhill Jn where it is scheduled to stop for 30 seconds waiting to get into Edinburgh.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Stop wasn't suppressed at our end when it was uploaded, happens occasionally.

trainmania100

Established Member
Random fact: you can paste it into real time trains advanced search location field and it will show timings for abbey hill junction. Works with CRS and other tiplocs too.

Crossover

Established Member
I have seen this happen a handful of times before - at Weston-Super-Mare the other week the train I left was advertised as calling at "Worle, YATTONL, Yatton.......". I did a bit of a double take as I first thought Yatton had just seen put on twice.

Dhassell

I have seen this happen a handful of times before - at Weston-Super-Mare the other week the train I left was advertised as calling at "Worle, YATTONL, Yatton.......". I did a bit of a double take as I first thought Yatton had just seen put on twice.
That's odd. Didn't think there was any booked passenger workings into the Loop. Normally just occurs ad-hoc when theres a late running XC.

Crossover

Established Member
That's odd. Didn't think there was any booked passenger workings into the Loop. Normally just occurs ad-hoc when theres a late running XC.

I think it was a VAR schedule and though I didn't remain on the train, I seem to recall looking up the journey later and seeing it had about 3 minutes at Yatton so presumably didn't use the loop. There are a couple of 2Zxx schedules this week booked into the loop as well, but whether it will actually be used I don't know

Dhassell

I think it was a VAR schedule and though I didn't remain on the train, I seem to recall looking up the journey later and seeing it had about 3 minutes at Yatton so presumably didn't use the loop. There are a couple of 2Zxx schedules this week booked into the loop as well, but whether it will actually be used I don't know
Looks like two Airshow Extras yesterday used it.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Stop wasn't suppressed at our end when it was uploaded, happens occasionally.

Of late it has been much more than 'occasionally'!

(That said, I get that in the current climate these kinds of issues are some way down the list of priorities.)

D1009

Established Member
Of late it has been much more than 'occasionally'!)
I am quite amazed this still happens. I first came across it around 10 years ago when I was responsible for long term planning on the ECML south of Doncaster. I got a phone call one day from a rather irate MD of Hull Trains when his flagship morning business service to London was shown on the CIS as stopping at High Dyke Jn. At the time it was one of the very few passenger trains to use the slow line immediately south of Grantham. We soon corrected the problem, but I remember thinking at the time it should be an easy software fix to prevent non passenger locations showing up on the CIS. Seemingly I was wrong.

Malcolmffc

I’m guessing the stop at ABHLJN has an unusual CIF activity in the schedule which the PIS isn’t configured to filter out, or it has been mistakenly been marked as having a passenger activity (T,D or U)

Quite way the PIS doesn’t just filter out TIPLOCs that aren’t stations is beyond me.

SteveyBee131

A few years ago I can remember a Doncaster-Leeds stopper that had one. It was a late evening one (about 21:20-ish I think) that was scheduled for a DMU. In among all the usual station stops, WKFLDWJNC (or something to that effect anyway, feelfree to put me right! ;)) show on the information screens. I'm guessing Wakefield West Junction? There certainly isn't a station there anyway!

pdeaves

Established Member
A few years ago I can remember a Doncaster-Leeds stopper that had one. It was a late evening one (about 21:20-ish I think) that was scheduled for a DMU. In among all the usual station stops, WKFLDWJNC (or something to that effect anyway, feelfree to put me right! ;)) show on the information screens. I'm guessing Wakefield West Junction? There certainly isn't a station there anyway!
WKFLDWJ for Wakefield West Junction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.