• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derbyshire Wayfarer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn72

Hi. Can the extension to this ticket from Nottingham be used for multiple journeys between Beeston and Nottingham or is it just to get you into Derbyshire and back out again once?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D.K.TAYLOR

Hi. Can the extension to this ticket from Nottingham be used for multiple journeys between Beeston and Nottingham or is it just to get you into Derbyshire and back out again once?

Not quite sure of your question the Wayfarer covers you to Long Eaton this covers as many trips in the area covered I.E to Matlock Sheffield Burton there is a ticket called a Robin Hood ticket covers as many times you want Nottingham Beeston and a couple of outlying stations in the area you can buy this at Long Eaton but need a ticket between there and Beeston hope this helps

D5645

If you buy the special £17.00 version of the Derbyshire Wayfarer then you are valid Langley Mill-Nottingham-Long Eaton for as many trips as you like during the day.

I presume there will be an alteration to the validity of the basic Derbyshire Wayfarer from today as Ilkeston station opened this morning.

sarniasiren

I bought this along with the Manchester one on Saturday and had a good day out.
Regarding the ticket extension to Nottingham I assume from what is said that I could purchase and use it from Derby. I thought it may have only been valid from Nottingham to commence the trip.

In any event I did go to Nottingham and had a ride on the Red Arrow on my bus pass, whilst I could. Then used Indigo 4 for the return as Nottingham CC have already excluded the Red Arrow from the scheme

sarniasiren

Early train from Chorley and then Northern`s 07-49 Pacer to Sheffield from Manchester and an EMT to Derby. Similar on the way back. So yes used a stopper. I was thinking of asking a conductor on a FTE or EMT if they would allow but the Northern option was ok.

I did email the above some days prior but have only received a poor negative reply today from EMT so have sent them the terms of carriage 14.2 and asked them to comment again

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Thanks for the update - please let us know if you hear again from EMT.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
It hasn't really been communicated to anybody I know, on any TOC, with regards to 14.2 and how that alters the situation, specifically with regards to products like the GM Wayfarer and Derbyshire Wayfarer and how that has changed validity of such products on certain services. A friend got a rather officious Guard on a TPE service when he split his GM Wayfarer at Grindleford.

LuSiVe

Has there ever been clarification if the Nottingham version was only valid to start from Nottingham - if you can buy it elsewhere would they know?
Has anyone tried to buy the Nottingham one from e.g. Chesterfield or Derby stations?

Last edited:

AY1975

Established Member
Has there ever been clarification if the Nottingham version was only valid to start from Nottingham - if you can buy it elsewhere would they know?
Has anyone tried to buy the Nottingham one from e.g. Chesterfield or Derby stations?

AFAIK the Nottingham version can only be bought at Nottingham station - you can't get it at any station in Derbyshire, as it is aimed at people from Nottingham. It is not meant for people from Derbyshire wanting to get to Nottingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.