• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Not had one of these for a while ;) Here's a piccy I found today of Concorde 01 on test in 1974 in the local area ;)

Desktop11.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bighat

Not had one of these for a while ;) Here's a piccy I found today of Concorde 001 on test in 1974 in the local area ;)

Desktop11.jpg

Smashing picture. I was there. However you state it was Concorde 001, but the picture is marked Concorde 01.

In fact Concorde 001 (registration F-BSST) it was not, that was a French built first prototype. The pictured aircraft was the first pre-production aircraft 01 (the THIRD Concorde built), registered G-AXDN, built (or rather assembled) at Filton, near Bristol. This aircraft is the one preserved at the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Royal Naval Air Station at Yeovilton.

Coxster

Established Member
Smashing picture. I was there. However you state it was Concorde 001, but the picture is marked Concorde 01.

In fact Concorde 001 (registration F-BSST) it was not, that was a French built first prototype. The pictured aircraft was the first pre-production aircraft 01 (the THIRD Concorde built), registered G-AXDN, built (or rather assembled) at Filton, near Bristol. This aircraft is the one preserved at the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Royal Naval Air Station at Yeovilton.
The pic is right - my typing was wrong. Unfortunately it was 16 years before I was born - same town though ;) I found the picture on a link from http://www.concordesst.com

LondonBVE

My this month desktok, oops forgotten to turn off BVE 4.2:razz:

The wallpaper is the Day After Tomorrow where the tsunami flooded New York! Too bad can't find a Statue of Liberty.

TheSlash

Established Member
I thought the idea of this thread was to look at the picture people use for a deskto, not look at they're desktop icons :roll: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.