• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Devon Day Ranger - operator validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC 72100

Established Member
Afternoon,

NRE is now claiming that the above ticket is valid on Great Western Railway (GWR) only as they are the only company listed as participating in the offer:

Participating train companies
Great Western Railway;

However, SWR services are listed amongst other service pre-validity time on which the ticket is also valid Monday-Friday:

Details

Only available within the area shown on the map.

Devon Day Ranger available after 0900 Monday-Fridays (plus the additional trains listed below), Anytime Saturday - Sunday & Bank Holidays

05:56 Exeter St Davids – Barnstaple
06:50 Exeter St Davids – Barnstaple
08:43 Barnstaple – Exeter – Exmouth
06:42 Exeter St Davids - Axminster
08:00 Exeter St Davids – Honiton
08:26 Exeter St Davids – Axminster

Devon Evening Ranger available after 1800, 7 days a week. Also valid on the 17:24 Gunnislake to Plymouth service (Mon-Fri) or 17:30 Gunnislake - Plymouth on Saturdays.

Question therefore is - is the ticket still valid on XC and SWR?

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pre884ec0a04000200ad4c9439053fea.aspx

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Most likely an error when they edited out SWT. It's fairly unambiguous in the spiel about being valid as far as Axminster after all...

island

Veteran Member
It’s going to be challenging to get to Axminster on a train that’s not SWR.

CC 72100

Established Member
It’s going to be challenging to get to Axminster on a train that’s not SWR.

Well quite, which would give me confidence that it's valid on SWR, XC is more my concern.

I can't see any reason for why they'd quietly drop it- plenty of spare capacity Westbound from Tiverton Parkway for a nice slice of the ORCATS wedge?!

I13

I asked NRE, and they confirmed it's valid on SWR and XC. The page should be corrected soon, apparently.

superalbs

Established Member
I asked NRE, and they confirmed it's valid on SWR and XC. The page should be corrected soon, apparently.
I seem to remember I made a thread and asked about it near the beginning of the year, and it was not changed.

richw

Veteran Member
I purchased onboard a SWR a couple of weeks ago as the TVMs don’t sell it without a problem.

CC 72100

Established Member

Sorry I've missed some of the replies to this thread - thanks all for your contributions, no change is good news then :)

furlong

Established Member
But why hasn't the web page been corrected immediately to bring the train companies back into compliance with the law? It's about time the ORR took action - if it insisted on a proper enquiry and report every time a material mistake was found on NRE, perhaps RDG would take more care to publish correct information first time every time.

furlong

Established Member
If you told them on Monday(?) and they have still not fixed it nearly a week later, I suggest you report this to the ORR and ask them to open an investigation into a breach of the consumer regulations (people could be buying unnecessary extra tickets to travel on XC or SWR as a result or not purchasing the ranger and paying more), aggravated by their apparent failure to correct the information immediately they were informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.