• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dewsbury to Newark North Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshypie

Hello. I am travelling as a standed class passenger from Dewsbury to Newark north gate on a Saturday leaving Dewsbury on the 08:30 train to Leeds then the 09:05 train to Newark. I am travelling with 1 child on a family railcard. How much would it cost for the adult and child at the cheapest.
Thanks,
Joshypie :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
An advance single would cost £11.80 (for next week 15/1) one way for the both of you when bought on East Coasts website (they offer an extra 10% off for advance tickets bought with them for travel on their trains). I suspect this is the cheapest option, but be advised that it ties you to specific trains and offers no flexibility.

MCR247

Established Member
That is an advance from Dewsbury - Newark :) I doubt you'll get better

joshypie

Thanks everyone. How much would it be for a child with the family railcard?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The price I quoted was for 1 adult and 1 child with a family railcard.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Dewsbury - Newark Stations return:
SSR - SUPER OFFPEAK R ECC
00000 - ANY PERMITTED

1 Adult @£ 20.55 = £ 20.55
1 Child @£ 5.90 = £ 5.90

Standard Class Return
That seems very expensive to me!

Yes, as ainsworth74 says, an Advance single ticket is £11.80 (That must be the £13.20 fare in Avantix, with the EC Online discount) however that seems a very small saving when you need two of them and you lose flexibility with an Advance. In theory cheaper Advances are available but you may need to book weeks in advance for those.

There is a small saving to be had splitting at Adwick:

Dewsbury - Adwick
Anytime Day Return £6.05 for 1 FAM + 1 CHFAM

Adwick - Newark N Gate
Anytime Day Return £15.60 for 1 FAM + 1 CHFAM

Both are valid on any train and this combination totals £21.65, a saving of £4.80.

Splitting again at Retford doesn't help much; only saving 40p. Adwick/Donny - Retford, and Retford - Newark Anytime Day Returns all being priced at £7.60. Two of those is £15.20 which is 40p less than the Adwick/Donny - Newark fare of £15.60. It also limits you to trains that call at Retford.

Status
Not open for further replies.