• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DGS invalid station

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc84

Shows up on National Rail but when I click through to purchase a ticket on the Virgin Trains website and app it says "invalid station". Virgin set the fare.

All the other train operating companies website seem to have the same issue.

Who do I contact - all of the individually ! ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
DGS is Douglas (Isle of Man)

A gentle reminder to put the station name in, not just the code.

IIRC you can't buy sailrail to the isle of Man online, as the ticket vendor needs to confirm there is space with the Steam Packet. Try your local ticket office.

lfc84

A gentle reminder to put the station name in, not just the code.

IIRC you can't buy sailrail to the isle of Man online, as the ticket vendor needs to confirm there is space with the Steam Packet. Try your local ticket office.

It has been possible to buy online until last week

Lrd

Established Member
According to a previous thread, it's not been possible to book online either for a while or ever.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131982

You can book on loco2.com but you won't be given a ferry reservation, you have to call and reserve a place. If you go to a ticket office then staff will call on your behalf and make a booking.

Lrd

Established Member
Sounds like an intermittent error !
I don't think it is!

This is from the Steam Packet website:

To book your Sail and Rail trip to the Isle of Man, please book online at www.loco2.com, www.raileasy.com or visit any mainline rail station. Once you have made your Sail & Rail booking online, please contact our reservations team at [email protected] or 01624 661661 and we will be pleased to confirm your ferry reservation. (Subject to availability.)

lfc84

I don't think it is!

This is from the Steam Packet website:

That has always been the same. Even when it was possible to use Virgin Trains website.

Only last week I was able to use the virgin trains west coast website

greatkingrat

Established Member
Sounds like the error was that they were incorrectly made available for sale online. Maybe people were turning up at the ferry without a reservation and being turned away so they have asked Virgin to stop selling them?

mikeg

Established Member
Used to be given itineraries thru the cross-country app and still am, it allows me as far as selecting the ticket but don't want to go there right now so I haven't tried any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.