• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Did I see a freight train going to Eggesford?

Halsebee

I travelled from Taunton to Okehampton today, and on my way into Exeter I noticed a freight train coming off the Barnstable branch around 09:45.
I looked it up and it appears to be a train from Eggesford to Westbury that arrived in Exford at midnight the night before and blocked the Barnstable line so buses replacement had to run early this morning. What is this train and what is the freight source at Eggesford, at how often does this traffic operate?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peterthegreat

Established Member
I travelled from Taunton to Okehampton today, and on my way into Exeter I noticed a freight train coming off the Barnstable branch around 09:45.
I looked it up and it appears to be a train from Eggesford to Westbury that arrived in Exford at midnight the night before and blocked the Barnstable line so buses replacement had to run early this morning. What is this train and what is the freight source at Eggesford, at how often does this traffic operate?
It was an engineering train.
BTW it's BarnstaPle.