• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different announcements at Nuneaton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeNinty

I had a day free so I decided to split my day between Loughborough Midland and Nuneaton.

Both use ATOS Anne (to my amateurish knowledge) but the fast train approaching announcements were different (from memory)

Loughborough Midland: The train now approaching platform xx does not stop here, please stand back from the edge of platform xx

Nuneaton: Please stand behind the yellow line, the next train at platform xx does not stop here. Please hold on to pushchairs and wheelchairs. Stand behind the yellow line!

Are they different people? Are they updates?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tommy2215

It's the same announcer, just different recordings. Some TOCs prefer the automated announcers use their own custom scripts rather than the standard ones.

midland1

Did not a pushchair almost get sucked under a passing freight train at Nuneaton sometime back.

J-2739

Established Member
I've heard the second one and it sounds awful, but I guess it's necessary to note passengers that objects can get sucked underneath as a train passes.

The first one is ATOS Anne at her best, IMO.

Established Member
I have heard several versions of that same announcement. The Loughborough one sounds like the default version, however you can also hear at other TOCs:

Greater Anglia: Please stand back - the train now approaching platform x does not stop here.

TfL Rail: The train now approaching platform x does not stop here. Please stand clear of the edge of the platform as the approaching train does not stop here.

GWR: The train now approaching platform x does not stop here. Stand back from the edge of platform x - the next train is not scheduled to stop.

Parallel

Established Member
I have heard several versions of that same announcement. The Loughborough one sounds like the default version, however you can also hear at other TOCs:

Greater Anglia: Please stand back - the train now approaching platform x does not stop here.

TfL Rail: The train now approaching platform x does not stop here. Please stand clear of the edge of the platform as the approaching train does not stop here.

GWR: The train now approaching platform x does not stop here. Stand back from the edge of platform x - the next train is not scheduled to stop.

GWR at Didcot Parkway now use the pushchairs and wheelchairs announcement.

Established Member
Virgin should announce:

"The next train at Platform X does not stop here. Please stand back or you may get sucked off!":D

londonmidland

Established Member

WMT: Please stand back from the platform edge. The next train at platform X does not stop here. Please hold on to wheelchairs, pushchairs and your belongings. Stand behind the yellow line.

So that’s five different versions!

Class 170101

Established Member

I think I have heard GA stations use the TfL announcement now.

Parallel

Established Member
WMT: Please stand back from the platform edge. The next train at platform X does not stop here. Please hold on to wheelchairs, pushchairs and your belongings. Stand behind the yellow line.

Transport for Wales use ‘The train now approaching platform X does not stop. Please stand clear of the edge of Platform X. Stand well clear of the platform edge please!’ But it’s quite rarely used.

Bridgend has one used for freight trains but it has already been mentioned.

ThreeNinty

That's the one I was talking about (at Nuneaton)

Status
Not open for further replies.