• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different payment for same delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
This is just one of those curios really. I travelled from East Croydon to Guildford on an offpeak day return routed via Redhill priced at £17.20. On the outward journey I was delayed by between fifteen and twenty nine minutes when the connection left Redhill late due to train crew being delayed. On the return I was delayed by between fifteen and twenty nine minutes when the connection at Redhill was cancelled, so I submitted delay repay claims to GWR for the outward leg and Thameslink for the return.

Within twenty four hours Thameslink replied approving my claim and offering £2.20. Last night I had an email from GWR approving my claim and offering £2.15!

If you have a return ticket you’re entitled to 12.5% of the cost for a fifteen-twenty nine minute delay on the affected leg. 12.5% of £17.20 is exactly £2.15. So like I said, just a curio as to where Thameslink got the extra 5p from!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zero

Based on my delay repays it seems that Thameslink (can't speak for other GTR brands) rounds up to the next multiple of 10p

Northern has given me different amounts for the same ticket on different dates... the true amount due ended in 2.5p, and I've received .x3p, .x2p and .x5p for it

Status
Not open for further replies.