• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different routes in and back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm soon to be starting a new job. Going in to work in the morning, I would like to take the 5.47am from Audley End to London Stratford (and would go from there on to Canary Wharf). Sadly coming back in the evening, there is no straight through service from Stratford to Audley End, so I will need to get the DLR to Bank, walk up to Liverpool St and catch the 6.37pm train to Audley End.

My question is, will I need to buy two tickets/season tickets or will one ticket/season be possible ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
The connection times aren't always good, but there's always the option of taking a train from Stratford and changing at Tottenham Hale or Bishops Stortford. Alternatively if the season ticket covers Zones 1 & 2 you'll be fine

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
You could do what you want on an Audley End to Zones 1-6 season ticket (£135.10/week), but it would be cheaper to get a point-to-point Audley End to Stratford season ticket route ANY PERMITTED (valid either direct to Stratford or into Liverpool Street and out again) (£106.50/week) and then pay the DLR fares using Oyster Pay-as-you-go: that would be an extra £1.70 X 5 for the morning journey (Stratford to Canary Wharf) plus £2.30 X 5 for the evening journey (Canary Wharf to Bank), i.e. an extra £20 making it £126.50/week, a small saving on the £135.10 Zones 1-6 fare.

But as jopsuk suggested, the easier and cheaper option for the evenings would just be to get a train from Stratford to Tottenham Hale and change there for the Audley End train. If you did that, then you could make both your morning and evening journeys on an Audley End to Zones 2-6 season, which costs £117.20/week.

Status
Not open for further replies.