• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Digital Command Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
I've finally decided to accept that Hornby Select really is a pile of wank.
So I'm now looking around for THE ultimate DCC controller!
Any comments, opinions, recommendations?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kettlefan

I have seen a nice BR blue era layout about at the expos i help exhibit at, and it has DCC. I spent a happy half hour with 960012 at Ruislip watching a 37 trundle round with lights and sound. Unfortunately, the layout used 3-link couplers. So the whole image of reality (it was damn good mind) was lost by the fact the operator had trouble coupling the sound equipped 37 to the bogie bolster stock! This sort of negated the whole "reality" digi is supposed to impose. But the sound was great and I do believe he was using Lenz (thats what he said anyhoo).

the Digitrak stand at Warley last year had a gaugemaster rolling road with a Hornby loco on it. I thought it was ok, but the brake was just like "stop dead" and judging by the bits of motion the loco had ejected, people were not going easy on it! I'm contemplating getting Bachmann DCC for my LU layout, just so I don't have to wire sections.

Nathan

He says, he managed to crash his deltic and 37 last time i was over!

That was human error! because with DCC i can run two trains at a time and i forgot to set the points so they wouldnt collide before the station.

will hornby ever get things right?

btw Nathan the next time I'm in Dorset, could I have a look at the Select please? It would just be really interesting to see it in action.

Yeah of course, im sure Stephen would object regardless ;)

Nathan B

Lenz 100, work brill on my and my mates layout, and if u want sound to work it's got all the fushions

Status
Not open for further replies.