• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Discounts for employers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarbear

Established Member
Mods - feel free to move if in the wrong section.

I'm aware of the various discounts that are available to the general public (Railcards, Advance Fares, Off Peak travel etc.), but I was wondering whether any larger employers do (or are able to) negotiate discounts for their employees direct with TOC's?

I'm aware that where I work, it's an idea that was floated (briefly) a few years back, but I've heard nothing more about it. I'm aware that there would be tax implications as regards payment for any home to work travel (as that's not a tax deductible expense), but if anyone is able to indicate whether such an approach could (or does) happen, I'd be interested.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Where I work (M&S), we get 20% off Virgin (West Coast) off peak advances, along with 20% off NatEx coaches and various other travel-related discounts.

higthomas

There's also the Easit scheme which gives discounts across a range of local tickets across the South and West of London.

Llanigraham

On Moderation
Wonderful, isn't it?
All these discount arrangements available to non-rail staff, but non-priv Network Rail staff get nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.