• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dissapointment at London Victoria today: told not to take photos

Train Maniac

Was this Platform 1/2 at Victoria - there are some serious safety concerns down the far end (even at mid-way point really) of the platform where it gets very narrow and can get really overcrowded. That's all I can think of - if you were far enough back then it should have been OK. There have certainly been some close calls before with people getting way too close and being unaware of their surroundings; the minority can spoil it for the majority unfortunately.
Platform 7 at Victoria

But yeah, i think this must be an isolated case, as its never been a problem before (Scotsman excluded)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
I remember when Tornado was visiting Kings Cross in 2009, now THAT was insane. Whole platform was completely solid with enthusiasts. Even when there was a departing 225 on the opposite platform. I had never been that close to a class 91 locomotive before, and I wasn't too happy to be right next to it as it powered up out of Kings Cross. Frightened the life out of me those cooling fans did. Anyway at the concourse end of the platform, people were even getting on the tracks and climbing over the buffers. Was complete bedlam.

On the other hand, 10 years later I was at sleepy Wandsworth Common station taking videos on my phone. And was told by a member of station staff to get permission from the area manager at Balham because his exact words were "I don't want you to blow me up". I did get permission from a rather bemused station area manager who wondered why the hell I wanted to film trains anyway and sniggeringly asked if I was an enthusiast. With a pit of embarrassment in my stomach I confessed I was, and with a wave of his hand I was given permission to film my beloved trains at Wandsworth Common.

A snapshot of the life of Sad Sprinter for you